Girls Write Out
Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nothing is more important than family...you get strength from taking care of others...giving is better than receiving. Yeah, yeah, but something happens on the 400th pair of underwear you fold. You say to yourself, I have got to get out of this house before I start to believe that I am a bus-driving/underwear-folding/short-order cooking/dishwashing MACHINE.

This is a job for Girls Night Out! Hubby: "Oh, you want to go to the movies? We can go to the movies." I look at the family's drawn faces, my husband is the type who has to be early to the movie because if he's not, he's one of those people who will climb over everyone to get the perfect, middle seat. And there are six of us! And someone will drink too much and have to pee in the middle of the movie. Then, there are the hubby's questions, "You're going to eat that candy AND the Diet Coke? Is that really good for you?" Me: "How many times MUST you explain that they cancel each other out!

"Mom? Can we get Popcorn?" "I saved my own money for a soda!" "Oh, you buy the candy, I've got allowance for the video games. We can play during the previews..."

"STOP!! Everyone Stop!!! You're not going to the movies. I am going to the movies. I am seeing a chick flick ! With Beth (BFF since four.)

We had popcorn. We had a salty pretzel. We had a big Diet Coke, AND we had sour candy. And here's the coolest part, some woman in front of us got a free coupon for her movie being broke, and we got all this loot, a cash value of oh, about $60 for $8.75.

We saw 27 Dresses, a most excellent chick flick. Some nights you just need to be with someone who can say Bay City Rollers and make you laugh out loud. Someone who knows you so well that your Christmas present consists of truffles shaped like handbags, a bathtub reading shelf for your books and a teapot for your collection with Oscar Wilde quotes.

Movie: $10.75
Crapfest food for Movie: $8.75
Homemade roast the next day for thank you to family, $22

Time with BFF to be a child for the night: Priceless
Kristin  
posted at 12:54 AM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sally said...

My girlfriend and I were just saying last night how we need a girls night out to see 27 Dresses.

Of course, we havea girls night out already scheduled for Friday night for dinner and baby registering, but another night soon would be JUST FINE!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rhonda/WA state said...

Wow. The last time I had a girls nite out was for The Devil Wears Prada. Sheeesh. I'm due dontcha think?

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Cara Putman said...

That does sound wonderful. Eric's in CA this week, so I'd like nothing more than a girls night out. But Sunday we're going to Evita for our anniversary, so I guess I'll let that count :-)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I didn't make it thru the Devil Wears Prada. Did you gals enjoy it? There were elements, but I just couldn't stay interested. I liked this one, there's good chemistry -- which has to happen for a good chick flick.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

I need one of those nights! Was that movie good? I can't wait to see it.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

You got me with that Bay City Rollers mention, L.O.L!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding stupid, who are the Bay City Rollers?
I saw 27 Dresses last Friday, and I thought it was so cute.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

The Bay City Rollers are a one hit wonder who sang, S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT -- they were from Scotland, and wore plaid floods. That was their thing. Around the era of Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett. Hear their song in "So I Married An Axe Murderer" KB

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Steph said...

I want to see 27 dresses! It looks great!

Kristin, I just finished the the Trophy Wives Club. I LOVE it! I'm always able to relate to your characters in some way or another. Even though I've never been divorced, I completely related to Haley's feelings when it came to people letting you down and turning out to be different than you thought they would be.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Thanks Steph! That's so sweet to hear! My heater is out YET AGAIN, and it is FREEZING here!! I want my tax money back NOW for all this CA sunshine I'm supposed to be getting.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I loved this blog entry! It made me miss my two bff so much! (Both left Turkey last year and I haven't yet found anyone to replace them.) You're right: time with your bff is priceless!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Tara Ryan said...

Ten of us went and saw 27 dresses last night. It's a good thing there were only about six other people in the theater, and they didn't seem to mind our antics. There's nothing better than a great chick flick with your best chicks! And a hot lead is good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz