Girls Write Out
Monday, June 09, 2008




Ack, it was my turn to blog. Ooops. Well, you'll forgive me because I survived a weekend camping!!! And I'm sending a picture where I'm in my pink cashmere sweater, that my girlfriend who shall remain nameless (Jackie!) took me out to coffee about two years ago to tell me it was time to retire it. But here it is!

What a week, I visited my agent and we took Karen Watson from Tyndale to Disneyland! It was packed, in the middle of the week, so we only did the important rides (Pirates, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones), but I left happy. I really respect Karen. Plus, she went to Disneyland and walked about a mile while I schlepped her through Downtown Disney to the Lego store. Dang, I'm annoying. Anyway, I'm heading into new territory with my work-in-progress, so I am so glad someone knows what they're doing!!

I camped with about sixty people from our kid's school and neighborhood, which was actually fun. We had a pot luck with Korean food, Indian Tandoori BBQ, etc. That's a REAL potluck. Most people rented a RV, but I want you all to know, I slept in an old, sorry tent. The saddest one on sight actually, and I had five kids in there and a husband. Fiona slept in the car curled in a little ball. Dang, she's cute. Next to Interlaken, Switzerland, I think Big Sur, CA is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth! So I don't have much to say today, but I am chatty. Did you know they make those little water packets with caffeine in them? Yeah, um, that's dangerous for some of us. Kristin
Kristin  
posted at 9:56 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

You take some really good photos, Kristin. I especially like the photo of you and the kids, holding Fiona (and yeah, she is cute!). Consequently, it's also the pic of your pink sweater, which I also like. Don't retire it!

Glad you had a great time at Disney -- and indeed,Indiana Jones is one of the most crucial rides. It was the first one I ever went on, and has remained my favorite since.

Yeah, I'm starting to chatter too. Better sign off. I think I'm going to switch to decaf (water, and coffee).

Blessings!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Nice pics! :) Glad you had fun...and survived the camping trip! Initially I thought the first picture was while you were camping and thought, "Hmmm. Very primitive camping conditions." Then I realized the photo probably was at Disneyland! Hey, your tent doesn't look that bad! It has "character!" We have a similar one...which we dragged all over France and Switzerland the summer of 2003--even to Interlaken. :) The important thing is it WORKS!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

Wow. It sounds like your summer's off to a roaring start. Camping? Good for you!

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Gracie, you can't see the holes in my sweater in the picture. If I lift up my arms, there are two giant holes, and it's stained. It really is an attractive sweater now. LOL

Yes, that first picture is at Disney on the Indy ride. That was so fun. Once, I scared the crap out of my son making him go on that. When he saw that snake hang down, he looked at me and screamed, "I HATE YOU!" LOL still cracks me up. He's embarrassed if I tell that story now obviously.

Pam, you CAMPED in Interlaken? I stayed in a hotel, where I found out they have different plugs for hairdryers. I blew out the whole hotel. ROFLOL

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

LOL, Kristin. If you ever need sweaters, you can always drop by my house. I seem to collect them. The things are literally everywhere -- hall closet, my closet, living room.

I love the story of your son's first experience on Indy! That totally belongs in a book. Can't see why he would be embarressed. ; )

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great pics!

How fun to hang with Karen at Disneyland!

Rachel

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Great post, Kristin! The kid in you is so much fun--well, actually, the adult Kristin is pretty fun, too! LOL

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer Mykytiuk said...

I ran a relay marathon in Big Sur- it was wonderful! If I'm going to run anywhere- it would be Big Sur. Absolutely gorgeous! Talk about motivation to run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz