Girls Write Out
Friday, November 18, 2011
As many of you know, last week I blogged a promise to send out a free book to anyone who commented on my blog. Well, the thing was, I had gone to bed, realized I would be sleeping late the next morning, and so dragged myself out of bed and typed my blog, intending to have a drawing. Only I didn't say drawing, I said free book. So then in the comments the next day I explained what I had done and promised to send a free book to those who had already commented--that was ten ladies.

However, many didn't go to the comments, and so they didn't receive my own comment, and so all weekend and beyond I continued to receive comments on my blog. So I thought, why not? If those who would like to read a book by Hannah Alexander are committed enough to comment and send me their snail mail, then they should get a book. It may not be The Wedding Kiss, except for the first ten commenters, but it will be a book by Hannah Alexander. However, I realized that those who didn't commit to read the comments didn't realize they'd won a book. So. You've won a book from me if you commented on last week's blog by Sunday night. All you need to do is email to askhannah@hannahalexander.com with your snail mail address so I can know where to send the book. No tricks. I'm not trying to collect snail mails. I don't do snail mail. But you've won if you commented, so let me send you a book!

Blessings from Hannah Alexander, who is kind of enjoying this, and may even win some new readers.

Labels: ,

Hannah Alexander  
posted at 12:49 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

Hannah,


This made me laugh! I am so sorry for your predicament, but it sounds like something I would do, lol.

I so appreciate your determination to "make it right". That is a shining star in our universe!

And by the way, I did not post last week -- I am really wimpy when it comes to the "thriller" genre! lol

Blessings on your day!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

You know what, Beverly? I'm working on toning down the suspense and writing stronger romance. The helper we hired for Mom is a romance reader, so I'm having her help me include more romance, less suspense. It can be done!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

I will have to get brave, lol!

Really, I like a good "cozy mystery". And I LOVE a mystery-comedy combination, but when it comes to some things, I just can't past seeing my girls (they are 8 and 9) as the victim(s). It is why cannot bring myself to read "The Shack", despite how powerful some have said it is. And I loved Dee Henderson's O'Malley series, but it was before I had the girls, lol.

I should have read you and Colleen before I had babies!

Blessings and God's anointing on your work!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

LOL. Thank you, Beverly. Even if you ever read a Hannah Alexander novel, you must never read Last Resort, because it has a ten-year-old child as victim--though she doesn't get hurt. And so far all that's going on in my present work-in-progress is romance. And I'm 25,000 words in. Only hints of something more. And since it's historical, that's what the editors want.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger jel said...

I liked your suspense books. :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Yes, I've always loved suspense and still do, but with the depressed economy, many women prefer gentler reads with more romance. I'm just having fun as I learn to do it as well as possible.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I don't know if I commented or not. I don't think so. I do recall the "contest". Congrats to the winners. I'm sure they will enjoy their first, or next, Hannah Alexander book! I don't mind suspense in my romances, but must have a romance! :-)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Jackie S. said...

I commented, and my book is on the way.....can't wait....love anything you write! Blessings!!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Yes, girls, the envelopes are addressed for those who sent their addresses. We've had far too much excitement here lately, and so the books haven't hit the mailbox yet, but they will. We have them out and ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz