Girls Write Out
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
There are times in life, when no matter how many times you get back up, something knocks you back down again.  Going through these times is really trying on faith.  Not because we don't believe, but because when you're living "right" -- we want to believe we'll be rewarded.

That is not always the case.  It's not Biblical either, but we know our God is just, and sometimes, life is anything but fair.  I've noticed Christians who feel oblivious to the kind of pain others suffer, as though it's some fault of their own.  Trust me, if there was anyway they could fix their luck, they WOULD.

Sometimes, God has us go through trying times that feel deathly harsh, as though we'll never come out of the darkness.  These are the times, we have to force ourselves to find the joy and the beauty around us because life feels empty.  During those times, when you want to ask God why?, what makes you joyful?

As we've watched one of our own suffer, I honestly can't believe how she worries for others.  How her eyes are never on herself. And that's one of my joy inspirations. I can be stronger because she is stronger.

My daughter, who didn't walk or talk until much later. Whose had to overcome so much in her short life, I thought she'd never be here -- on her way to Jr. High School.  What she's overcome makes me want to weep with joy.  How about you?




Kristin  
posted at 6:51 PM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Kris, I've come to the place in my life where I no longer force the joy. If God can't do it for me, then it's not coming. Yes, I look at the good things in life through the pain--the mating dance of the scissor-tail fly-catcher, the antics of my cats. I've placed signs around the house reminding myself not to complain. And yet sometimes I tell God I can't do it by myself. If He wants to see me joyful, He'll have to be the one to do it, because He's the only One with the power to do it.

We GWO girls and our friends on this loop have suffered through so much this past year and more. There's always been at least two of us at a time struggling, and often more. We've cried so much together, agonized with and for each other. I think God has used that agonizing to build a frame that can bring us joy...in His time.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger jel said...

going though the suffering time, will make the rainbows look so much bighter, the flowers smell sweeter!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

It does Jel, but I understand what you're saying Cheryl. I'm done being fake happy when I don't feel it. Watching friends suffer, suffer, suffer is not easy and sometimes, it just feels like too much. I don't have to be happy about that.

But someday, i am going to rejoice when it's all over. For now, I thank God for my babies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz