Girls Write Out
Friday, October 21, 2005
I was in the same room with television greatness! After a harrowing towncar ride from LAX to LA (which took me longer than the plane ride from Sacramento -- just to go to one side of town to the other!! How do people live like that?) But I digress. I went to a television comedy writing course at the Director's Guild put on my Act One Programs on the Sunset Strip. (Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup now.) You youngins don't know what I'm talking about, but I had to do that.

Anyway, I learned so much that is essential to comedy and that it can be taught. Fred Rubin (who wrote for Night Court and has taught at USC, and UCLA on television writing) was there, and he was amazing. So was Bud Wiser, who is legendary in his field (wrote for All in the Family). If any of you writers are considering an ACT ONE course, go! The program was so well-run and you really got to be in the same breathing air as these legends who have written for our culture. Amazing!

I left home at 4:15 a.m. and because Southwest Airlines was late, got home at 1 a.m. I did have dinner at the Grove in LA -- which is like another downtown Disney, with a Nordstrom oh and don't let me forget the dancing water -- to Disco every twenty minutes! The food was terrible (Morels), the service worse, but the company was good. My agent Jeana and I had a great time, and hung out in Barnes & Noble, and rearranged the shelf so that "She's All That" was right at eye level and drank a pumpkin spice latte (YUM!). Has anyone had one of those pumpkin spice muffins? If not, do not start, they are totally addictive, and way fattening.

So I'm home now. IN the boring foothills. I'll probably have nothing to report for a good, long time. Kristin
Anonymous  
posted at 11:39 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip, girl! Now, about those muffins......

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

That Act One class sounds terrific! Now I'll have to figure out if I can go to one.

I don't envy you traveling through LA--yuckos!

Camy

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Angela said...

So glad this fearsome foursome is blogging! I put a link to you on my blog page . . . the least I can do to support my gal pals. (VBG)

You go, girls! Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz