Girls Write Out
Thursday, December 29, 2005

FAMILY CHANGES
I'm going to get a new daughter-in-law! Bane, the male protagonist in DANGEROUS DEPTHS, has a macho exterior but inside he's a romantic and very family oriented. He's based on my son, Dave. When I was writing that book, I wondered how someone like that would propose so that he could prove how much he loved the girl. I decided it would be in public because that would be stepping outside his comfort zone, so I had Bane propose to Leia in front of her family. And wouldn't you know that's exactly how it came down in real life on Christmas Eve at my house!

Dave had bought Donna a new Harley Davidson leather jacket. Inside the pocket he'd tied a string to an engagement ring. The other end of the string hung out of the pocket and said PULL ME. Donna tried on the jacket and my husband said, "What's that in your pocket?" Donna found the tag and said, "What's this?" She looked at Dave with real trepidation because she thought it was going to be a piece of beef jerky. He'd been trying to get her to taste it, and she thought he'd stuck a piece in there and was going to tell her she couldn't have any more presents until she tried it.

She started pulling on the string and kept eyeing Dave. When she finally held the ring in her hand, she stared at it. "Oh my gosh," she said. She looked at Dave then back at the ring. "Oh my gosh," she said again. She looked up at Dave and screamed "Oh my gosh," and LAUNCHED herself across the living room and into his arms where she buried her face in his neck. "I take it that's a yes?" he asked, laughing so hard he could hardly stand. I think she mumbled some kind of incoherent yes. When she finally unburied her face from his neck, she was shaking so hard I could see it from across the living room. She shook for a good half hour.

It was a night I'll never forget. We LOVE Donna and her boys! The wedding is June 10th. Grandkids are now so close I can almost feel them in my arms!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:29 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOO HOO....congrats on the new additons! They look like such a great couple! Pass along my well wishes to them! And I'll be waiting to see pix of grandbabies before too much longer, girl!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations!



oh and on another note, i bought my first colleen coble book today :) without a trace. hehe, i was shopping for kristin's new book but i did scope out for any of yours, denise or diann's, and you were the only one who the bookshop had any of in stock. (totally bad grammar there i know!) so yeah, i grabbed it. :) however, i will say that She's All That is what i will be reading first... but hey, i'll be done with that by tomorrow... :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Looks like Dave and Donna will make a great twosome. What a cool way for him to give her a ring. Must have some of that creative genius of his mom's.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Val said...

w00t, Colleen! That's a fun proposal story.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Colleen! Yay! What a beautiful story. Made me tear up. Congratuations to the Coble family. It's a beautiful picture too.

Rachel

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Colleen that's so awesome! Congratulations to your whole family. What a great way to propose! And of course grandkids are fabulous. My parents claim they aren't in a hurry but my little goddaughter has my dad wrapped around her finger. My parents will make fabulous grandparents. Now I just need to meet Mr. Right!

My friends and I were kicking around the topic of what we'd like to happen when we meet the right man and he proposes. It might make a fun blog topic. Hmm...I'm off to do write about that!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, your son is as creative as his momma.
Camy

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Congratulations!! What a sweet moment for all of you. :)

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

This is great Colleen. What a really neat story to share with your grandbabies some day. How cool will that be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz