Girls Write Out
Friday, December 16, 2005
I'm so excited!!!!

I got a note from my editor at WestBow yesterday. They’ve decided since Hot Flashes & Cold Cream is doing well, they would like for my third book, Hot Tropics & Cold Feet, to be a sequel to Hot Flashes!! Whoohooo!!! Maggie’s back in town!

For those of you who write, you know what I mean when I say I’m excited to revisit my Maggie character. It’s sad to say goodbye to our characters at the end of the book (well, if they’re characters you like anyway), and that’s exactly how I felt about Maggie. Hot Flashes is the book of my heart (I can so relate to women in Maggie’s phase of life, since I am one!), so it’s been hard to say goodbye to her. Now I’m sure this sounds totally lame and even a little weird to non-writers, but hopefully, most of you will understand.

So tell me I’m not weird--okay, maybe I am a little, but about this character thing anyway--tell me you understand. You’ve been there, done that with your own characters. If you don’t, I’ll have to drown myself in chocolate, and you know I ate the last bag only days ago, and it’s snowing outside right now which means it’s unsafe to drive to the store to buy more. And let’s face it, if I had a wreck, you wouldn’t want that on your conscious now, would you? You wouldn’t, right? Hello?
Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:19 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, Cara! But I notice how you so easily skirted my question about me being weird. ;-)

So tell me you can relate to the character thing? Hmmm??????

Diann

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great news! Congrats!

Yes, I can SO relate to falling in love with characters. The sad thing is, these people are REAL to me, even after I close the book. SIGH. I'm SUCH a freak!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Diann,

That's awesome! It is a great book and Maggie is funny, sweet and endearing.

BTW, the photos of you are awesome! How'd you do that?';)

Rachel

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thank you, Robin, for admitting your character fascination, too. We can be freaks together. :-)

Rachel! These pics are from the guy at my daughter's church. He's done stuff for Visa and he's really good. Does much more than normal photos. I have a bazillion that I'll never use, so this gives me a place for them so I don't feel like I've wasted my money. LOL

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Wooo Hoooo!! Congratulations Diann!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

congrats! Hot Flashes is the next book I'm going to read!

And you aren't weird... I'm the same way.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, great, Heather! Let me know what you think. :-)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Congrats! That's also great that Hot Flashes is doing so well!
Camy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz