Girls Write Out
Friday, December 30, 2005

I'M A TECHNO JUNKIE
My name is Colleen Coble, and I'm a techno junkie. I admit it. I love new technology gizmos. I use a Palm Pilot. My laptop is a Sony Vaio that is the envy of everyone who sees my less-than-two-pound-baby-that-fits-in-my-purse. I like tinkering with my own website instead of turning it over to a professional. (Okay, maybe that's because I also have control issues.)

The newest gizmo that I've added to my arsenal is the Canon digital camera my husband got me for Christmas. It's a Powershot A610 and I LOVE it! I've been snapping pictures of everything from my new daughter to be to candid photos of my husband in the shower. Okay, not really, but I thought about it just to be ornery. (He tried to do that to me but forgot to open the lens--may the heavens rejoice!) Anyway, I did a ton of research before putting this camera on my list, and it's everything all the reviewers claimed. Super easy to use, fabulous pictures, small and sexy. So if you're in the market for a new digital, check it out.

If only writing a book were that easy! Wouldn't it be cool if there was some gizmo we could plug our fingers into and it would read all the wonderful scenes floating around in our heads and transpose them into a cohesive story that wowed everyone? Hmm, on second thought, that's the real fun of writing. Teasing out the story bit by bit and getting those flashes of inspiration we know can only come from God. It's just. . . magic. I don't think I could give that up for the newest, cutest little piece of technology to sashay down the runway.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:32 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

I have a Powershot A300. Super, super. I do kind of wish we had that book generator to help us at least corral the ideas better...sometimes. :)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I don't know what kind I have...it's my husband's, and I steal it whenever I go to conferences. But it's so darn complicated that I'm considering going back to a regular manual camera. I keep getting horribly blurry shots and I don't know how to manipulate the settings.

Camy

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

You look beautiful!! I can tell you've lost weight! I'm inspired.

Yes, I want a gizzmo that translates all my scenes from my head through my fingers to the page!

I'm a techno junkie too. Got a 19' monitor for my birthday. LOL

Rachel

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd die without my laptop, PDA and cell phone. I did sell my camera and mp3 player on ebay... looking for better ones at the moment... :)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love new techo toys, but I can never figure out how to work them unless someone shows me how!

C, you look MAHVELOUS, Dahling!

Happy New Year, lady! I'm so blessed by your friendship!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz