Girls Write Out
Wednesday, March 29, 2006

IT'S OVER WHEN THE FAT LADY SINGS
Okay, I'm not singing, but I'm definitely fatter. LOL I think that means the RV trip is over for now. All those DeBrand truffles have taken a toll. Now it's back to SERIOUS dieting!

We had the best time! I learned that everything is more fun with truffles, that friendship can even withstand being trapped in an RV for ten hours at a stretch while we battle over the heater, and that there are a lot of wonderful Hoosiers out there. Another fun fact is that at every Barnes and Noble store we stopped we were told that the Christian section moves more books than any other. Isn't that cool? We're making headway, folks! Christian fiction is a-changing and we're on the front lines. I'm lifting my sword and shouting, "Charge!"

But what's with my husband expecting me to pick up right where I left off when I get home? There's laundry waiting, no food in the refrigerator and green stuff growing on what's there, dust an inch thick on the tables (okay, I'm exaggerating but not by much). Doesn't he realize I'm used to better treatment than that? I spent the nights in a hotel with a paper slipped under my door and nice little toiletries ready for me. Someone else made my bed. I think I've forgotten how.

I say we go for Mexican tonight! I'm not sure these hands know how to cook any more. And they don't want to relearn it either. Besides, I'm neck deep in edits for Fire Dancer. Something HOT sounds just right.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 2:27 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I can so relate, Colleen. A mountain of laundry awaited me when I got home--I just finished it yesterday. Okay, I haven't folded and put it away yet, but I'll get there.

Back to the scrubbing toilets side of life, 'eh?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger TJ said...

FYI...today at Walmart I found something yummy!
They are called Hershey's Sticks...I got them in Milk chocolate and caramel and mint. They are perfectly sized with 60 calories per stick. Just right for my new chocolate diet...lol!!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I want to go on a road trip with a girlfriend! How fun...glad you made it through everything safely, even coming through with a little extra padding!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Laundry waiting for you? Dust everywhere? This.is.just.not.right! (Tell me that, at the very least, you brought home a hidden stash of chocolate.)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Pammer said...

Well, that post was misnamed. I looked that picture of six times and I don't see the fat lady!

Glad you had fun and with such wonderful reports.

My opinion is that hubby should be so happy to have you back he should take you out to dinner. And you can tell him I said so. (Even though he has no clue who I am, lol.) (Big Grins)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz