Girls Write Out
Monday, March 20, 2006

DON'T MISS THE RV HAVING FUN YET? UPDATES!
I've been singing all morning: Saddle up your horses, we got a trail to blaze. Into the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace. Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknow. This is life like no other, ooh--ooh, this is the Great Adventure.

We're pulling out to go get the RV. Di arrived singing, "Let me tell all a story 'bout a man named Jed." She looked like a Clampett with her car piled high with stuff, including medicine for stress--chocolate chips! I, on the other hand, have managed to get my belongings down to a single carry on suitcase. Okay, we won't count the bag of giveaways, my computer briefcase, the boxes of books we're taking to the stores, or the bags of food and water. Oh, and my red hat and the bag of 60s music CDS.

Two boomer gals hitting the road! Scary thought, huh? My family is stressing about it. My mother reads our blog. I hadn't mentioned that I was going to be driving this RV because I didn't want to give her a heart attack. When she read about it, she called me screaming, "Are you crazy?" Um, can I say my family knows me well? LOL My youngest brother also called--very concerned--and offered to drive us on Monday and Tuesday. The only thing I back away from is a spider so I'm not about to step away from this challenge, so I told him I wanted to try it ourselves first on Monday and see if we manage not to kill anyone. I'm not taking any bets on it yet!

I've added a new subscription form to the bottom right of the page where you can sign up to receive updates to the blog. If you signed up before and it hasn't been working, this one works better. We'll be posting more than once a day if we can find a free floating wireless signal. WE ARE SOOO EXCITED!!! Just pray we don't kill anyone or ourselves!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:04 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Feel up to the challenge of handling that RV? I hope so! I'm sure you'll do great, and if it comes down to it, maybe the pedestrians will manage to stay out of the way.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i just saw that comment by beth, and i was like, hey i don't remember writing that.

gets confusing when other people with your name post comments. lol!


anyhow have a fantastic time ladies, and looking forward to hearing ALL about it!

drive safe!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you two have a fabulous time! I will pray for your safety. how fun, to hit the road with a girlfriend!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Woooo Hoooo!! You two are going to have a great time. With God as your pilot, you'll be driving fine Colleen. I keep hearing Carrie Underwood singing, "Jesus, take the wheel"

Have fun gals!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Wahoo - Look out world, here they come - Thelma and Louise, aka Diann & Colleen hit the road.

Have a blast! I know you'll do great.

I'm looking forward to the posts!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

God bless you gals. And may your chocolate chip stash last longer than a day :-)

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta tell you.. I signed up for the email. Then I get the confirmation email from feedblitz.com. This really confused me. Why? My dog's nickname is Blitz.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

Old school Steven...ohhh yesss :) Just what you need to start a road trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz