Girls Write Out
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
BACK TO SCHOOL

It's that time of year again. I'm cleaning out last years clothes (ie passing them down from one son to the next), buying them new jeans (that look old), and trying to find all the items on the school supply list. (Can someone please tell my why I can never find everything at one store?)

The bookbags are ready to be stuffed with name-labled markers, pens, and boxes of tissues, the school menu adorns the refrigerator, and the kids are semi-eager to go back to school. But this is the first year I've been less than eager to send them back. It's been kinda fun having them home this summer. I've only heard the "I'm bored . . ." whine a dozen or so times, and besides, I can smell the homework coming.

The forms to fill out, the lunch money, the frantic We-have-to-leave-NOW! yelled out as I usher three kids out the door, counting heads, b00kbags, sack lunches.

"Did you get your math homework?"
"Take off those sandals, you have gym!"
"Mom, I need my field trip permission slip TODAY!"
"Is that the shower I hear? Who's still in the shower???"

Ah, yes, I can wait for that. One more week of summer before the madness starts. Until then, I'm not signing a thing.
Anonymous  
posted at 8:19 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 8:51 AM, Blogger eileen said...

LOL...been there and mine are successful adults. This too shall pass, all too quickly. (And kudos from a retired teacher: a mom who asks if they did their homework is a rare breed today!) Enjoy your last few days of summer.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I can so relate! Mine started the 9th. Can you believe that??? I didn't want to send him. He cried today and asked if he could go back to Kindergarten so he could sleep in. LOL. Poor kid.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not me...I'm READY for them to go back! LOL Then it'll be nice and quiet around here....well, as quiet as it can be with a 4 yr old still here.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I laughed, remembering the years my best friend-nextdoor-neighbor and I went out to luch and celebrated freedom the day school started! LOL

Now? I get nostalgic for those days. Treasure them all ... they fly by so fast. My baby is 29 now. Sigh.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

"Who's still in the shower" LOL! That's so like my house. My daughter starts high school tomorrow after having been home schooled for 2 years. Yikes! At least you'll get more done during the day, right?

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I'll definitely enjoy the quiet time for working... but I have to say, I'm sad for summer to end! We've had the BEST time, and it was due to having very few scheduled activities, and LOTS of spur-of-the-moment outings. We went on hikes and Target shopping trips and ice-cream-runs and saw movies... and MANY trips to the park. Most of the time I had three or four little girls (and a dog) with me, even though only two are actually mine. What a fun time! I'm not looking forward to getting everyone to bed early, getting everyone up early, and supervising the homework hassles. Ah, well, there's always next summer to look forward to!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Denise...you have 3 boys, I have 3 girls...you ever swap for a spell, give me a holler! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz