Girls Write Out
Sunday, November 04, 2007

I started two books at once. This has never happened before. One is
women's fiction, one is a chick lit. But here's what's different. I
started the chick lit because someone just annoyed the daylights out
of me with her chipper personality. I mean, how wrong is that? But
she was so spritely and happy, I wanted to go home and "school" her,
as my kids would say. So I did. In a book. And she'll never be the
wiser. But happy people shouldn't annoy you. Right? Today our sermon
was on authenticity, and that was it. I had my theme. When you're
too chipper, when in fact, you're living in ignorance, that is not
happy, that is ignorance. And her ignorance annoyed me. I wanted to
say out loud, "Girlfriend, you have NO clue what you're talking
about." But that would be rude. So I kept my mouth shut, even though
everyone in the room was thinking exactly the same thing. But I have
somewhere to go with my frustration. I can write a book!

The picture above is me, my daughter and my muse for Ashley -- though
she's not nearly as spoiled, she is JUST as much fun. And she was always married, so that part as with a lot of the rest was complete fiction. I'm Snow White
just in case you're confused.

Pray for Diann today!! Pray she will be at peace and the surgery will
ALL be over before she realizes it. That is the GOOD kind of
ignorance. : )
Kristin  
posted at 9:04 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, my goodness! Your daughter has grown since we went wave boarding!
Looks like you three had a good time. I may try your method for getting out frustration though 2 books at the same time sounds a tad daunting for my linear way of thinking.
Praying for Diann now.
Abundant blessings!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

So cute. You are a perfect Snow White with your dark wavy hair.

Good post.

Rachel

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I just thought it was fun to get to show Ashley's muse. Di is in surgery right now, so keep praying. I will be so happy and relieved when she's out.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

LOL Kris. We think too much alike...I think that one of the reasons God wants me to be a writer is so that I will vent my frustration that way rather than telling someone off to their face.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Becky said...

You made a PERFECT Snow White! Love that you show your Ashley muse, too!

Praying for Diann's quick recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz