Girls Write Out
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Some of us are just different! I went to a kid birthday party on Saturday and I met my female equal. There are not mothers who get me, usually. There much more normal than that. I am a square peg and the holes are SO round. But there she was -- dressed like Dracula and looking gorgeous. Seriously.

She is a professional actress who is trying to break into the stand-up comedy circuit. And here is the gist of our conversation: She is fighting an autoimmune disorder right now, and she decided all the money she put into her dumpy house is going to keep her health in order -- facials, accupuncture, etc.

I have an autoimmune disorder (multiple sclerosis)
I have a dumpy house!
I think facials and well-being (for me, it's lots of books and the occasional -- okay, more than occasional shopping stint.)

But there we are, totally discussing how our creativity is a necessity and though it's our job, it's hard to find our fulfillment in making yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I watched. Our kids weren't suffering any compared to the other kids. They were happy and joyous and so were their mommies. AND we had great complexions. LOL

Becky won the books!! Sorry, I've been on dial up so I didn't get to post! Kristin
Kristin  
posted at 11:43 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

LOL I love it. I'm so completely different from everyone around me, and no one understands...so I just bounce around like a crazy lunatic and have fun in my own world.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Yes, that's it exactly Kayla. Our own world. A special place, indeed. LOL

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Becky said...

LOL, isn't that so fun when you run into someone that is so much like you in so many respects...especially when you're a little 'different' from the folks around you? It sounds like you might have found a sister 'spa girl'! And I must add that good complexions are a worthy investment...as are 'classic' homes.

And THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the book set, Kristin! Now I have one to share...YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz