Girls Write Out
Monday, December 03, 2007

LIVING IN A CAT HOUSE
I had the BEST time in Phoenix with my baby girl. One thing that that was really fun was observing the interaction between her four cats and her dog Parker. I've only ever had one cat or one dog at a time. Parker is a lovely Golden Retriever. Very submissive, very sweet. He's a medium sized dog, weighing around 65 pounds. MUCH bigger than the cats. Wouldn't you say he would rule the roost? Um no.

Euphrates, a big black cat who looks like a small panther, takes that honor. My husband Dave loves to play with the cats with a laser light. We found out Parker loves that light as well. Dave and Parker were having a grand time playing with that light until the "warden" decided someone had to get that dog in line. LOL He could be in the office and hear the ruffle-duff going on in the great room. He'd come streaking from the office, fix his green eyes on Parker and utter one hiss and Parker would back down. The dog would be practically dancing with his desire to chase the light but he wouldn't move a muscle with Euphrates staring at him. It was just hilarious to watch!

My daughter thought I was sadistic to keep wanting Dave to play with the cats so I could see Euphrates become the warden. LOL Another thing is the cats seem to have racial issues. She has three black cats and one white one, and the poor little white cat Tigris gets picked on all the time. You wouldn't think cats would pay attention to outward appearance. It was very interesting to watch!

In honor of Parker, I have to share this hilarious video. If you knew my daughter, you would understand why she adored this video. She watched GREASE so much when she was young that when our house burned down we refused to buy her another video of it because we were so sick of it. But see this Golden dance with his owner to the music. It's fabulous!

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:27 AM  
  Comments (14)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
14 Comments:
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Robin Lee Hatcher said...

Colleen, I've seen that video before (it's an older one but well worth watching again). And if you don't get lots of extra hits off of a blog post title like this one, I'll be surprised. {{smile}}

Robin
http://robinlee.typepad.com

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

I have never seen this until now. Oh my goodness! What a good puppy! That is just adorable.

Tina

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Hopeful said...

Haha, that is funny. I'm not a big animal person though...
veniteadoramus.blogspot.com

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Kay Day said...

That's such a cute video! I can't imagine the time and work that went into that.
What a good doggy.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I'm smiling, Robin! LOL

Hopeful, if you were ever around a Golden Retriever you might discover a new love for animals. LOL

Glad you all enjoyed it!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Oh my gosh, that is SOOOO funny! Man if I could teach Shadrach to do that! Sigh. It wouldn't work. His back comes up to my hip bone. He's up-end me. LOL

We used to have a couple of ferrets and then got a rottweiler puppy. He always thought the ferrets were dominant because they lived there before he did. Even when he was full grown, these teeny tiny ferrets would chase him all over the house. Talk about hysterical!!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

That is just wrong on so many levels.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Isn't it, K? The dog should rule the roost. LOL

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness that was adorable! Now if only I could teach my little Zoey something so cool.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

John Travolta never looked so good!

hahaha...

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lindi said...

I loved that video. I'm a big Grease fan, too---that was very clever.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

My condolences to Parker, poor guy. But that video, old or new, is wonderful! Love it!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

I've never seen the video. I loved it. Watching the retriever keep his eyes on his owners face made me tear up. He was in love.

Thanks, c, made my morning!

Rachel

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Glad you all enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz