Girls Write Out
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Plans

I have the uncanny ability in life to plan something, and then watch said plans fall miserably apart. It is part of my journey with God that I should NOT be allowed to live by a schedule apparently. Granted, I'm not a big schedule girl, but something, anything...throw me a crumb, you know??

So after our camping/RV/stuff me in an aluminum box with four kids/husband and a dog vacation, we stayed at my mom's for a few days. We had a family wedding up in Sac and then there was an Open House here. For some reason, they do them after you're under contract until the contingency period clears. Which would be fine if I didn't have four kids and a dog. But I do.

We come home and Bryed has arranged for his godson's family to be here the day we get back. Now, I LOVE company and I love Curtis, but we are moving in two weeks, we don't have one book packed and I have two books to edit fast. Imagine my hopeful mind that Curtis was taking ALL FOUR kids to Great America on Monday. Now, imagine my inability to be creative when there are 24 people stuck midair on a ride and I can't reach my kids. I spent the day watching streaming video and trying to figure out if those were my kids' shoes dangling.

Last night, I planned to go to bed early. But the kids wanted to watch the meteor shower on the front deck, so they were out there loudly playing the "random game" (don't ask) until about 1:30 in the a.m. This morning, right after Curtis and his family leave, the maid is coming. So the house will again be full. So here I am God. Open arms up to the sky. I give up. A schedule is impossible. I will eat this day's daily bread and kick my ideal out the window. Because it really is more fun to have people here and chaos around anyway.
Kristin  
posted at 11:03 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

It'll get better when they're back in school. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. :-)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Only you, K, only you! LOL Your first mistake was the RV vacation! Don't hate me RVers but we are NOT campers. Our idea of camping is a Holiday Inn instead of a Radisson.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Ah, Kristin, I so feel your pain!!! I left on Monday for a two week missions trip in Cambodia and India. On the way there, there were flight complications and I never made it to Cambodia. Needless to say, it was a major change in plans--of international proportions! I'm just so glad I had someone to call and a place to stay.

I've come to the place in my life where I've stopped making plans. It seems that every time I do, God's like, "Watch this!" But He's always there to catch me. This past year has been an interesting adventure. I've definitely ended up in places I've never expected and doing things that I never thought I would do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz