Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MT HERMON

You’ve probably heard us talk fondly about Mount Hermon Christian Writer’s Conference. It’s where I met my darling Ami McConnell. In the early days of our careers, we went every year (and stayed at the Hilton down the street to make sure there were no more towel incidents.) This year I finally made it as faculty! I had a great time rooming with Deborah Raney, and Kristen Heitzmann and I became fast friends. I highly recommend this conference

But, well, someone was missing. Or rather several someones. K picked me up at the airport but my other usual peeps were missing. Then I went to the Career track. I sat beside Kristen Heitzmann and glanced across the room. Wait a minute, I thought. Did Diann sneak over here without telling me she was coming? I’m sure I scared poor Linda Kozar to death, but couldn’t she and my Di be sisters? Or really, almost twins? My eyes flooded with tears when I saw her since I’ve been missing Di like crazy. I could barely pay attention to the class because of staring at Linda. LOL So I had to show you friends the resemblance. Amazing!

It was fun hobnobbing with old friends and making new ones. Rachel Williams, the camp director now, is an absolute doll. I just love her! And it made me so thankful for God’s appointed timing and His open doors. Because of Mount Hermon I’m happily settled at Thomas Nelson, and I’m so grateful for my team there! I was bragging on them every chance I got.

So what do you think? See the resemblance?

Labels: , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:55 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I have such good memories at Mt. Hermon. It was when we first bonded over coffee and desperation to be published.

Remember submitting manuscripts for editors' perusal? So scary. Gosh, if you can live through that, you have the perseverance to succeed in this business. LOL

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

We've been told that before. Linda is a sweetheart, and I'm quite sure she's younger than me, so it's a happy day for me that people think we look alike! You'd better not tell her, though! ;-)

Mt. Hermon holds nothing but great memories for me! I'd love to go again sometime!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Cathy Shouse said...

There is a resemblance, but I knew it wasn't Diann.
I was nearly fooled, though!

Congrats on teaching at Mt. Hermon. That is a prestigious conference. I can imagine how satisfying it was to be able to teach there after going as a "lowly" attendee. LOL Like coming full circle.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

There's a resemblance for sure. :)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

You made me look twice and think, "huh??" :-)

Your conference sounds fun. It would be a blast to find a wannabe writer's conference...hint, hint. :-)

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Definitely a resemblence :)

What fun!! Sounds like Mt. Hermon was a blast - gosh it tempts me. I could make a career out of writer's conferences and never get published and be just fine. You're all such wonderful people who think like me - well sort of like me - I guess I'll insert a clause so I don't insult you too much! ;)

Glad to hear you all had fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz