Girls Write Out
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Spring is coming! If Mel weren't in bed, I'd have him help me post a photo of the cats lingering on the sunroom window sill, chattering with aggressive abandon at the singing birds outside. I love the birdsong, and the change on the calendar from February to March. Aside from the fact that March often means stormy weather and wind...and my tax appointment...it also means spring! Hope! New life!

I wish I could play a recording for you of the singing birds outside. They always give me hope that something new is just over the rise, that the darkness of January and February have passed, and even if we do face more cold weather, it won't last long here in the Ozarks.

I can already see some new red buds on the trees outside, and the pollen count was high the other day. Life is already preparing the advance. I love all those signs of renewed life!

What do you love about spring? What brings you hope after a time of darkness?

Hannah Alexander  
posted at 11:31 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Sorry, guys, that I posted before discovering a problem, so you got the post twice. Now if I'll just not mess up my taxes that way...

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

We're going to be nearly 50 by Saturday. I'm sooo ready for spring!

Winters are bad in Indiana because of lack of sunshine. I can handle the cold and snow but I sure miss the sun!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I know about that desperate need for sunlight, Colleen. You're as gray up there as we are down here. Today is sunshine, and I'm frustrated I can't be out in it!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

Still chilly here in Arkansas but the sun is finally shining.

I love to wake up and hear the sweet sounds of the mourning doves, cardinals and robins. It is a gift from God, it really is.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Yes, the birdsong is especially beautiful. My favorite music except for the whisper of wind over the Grand Canyon.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger jel said...

listening to the spring peepers, and the night sounds of spring :)


hope all is well with everyone!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the spring peepers. Love them!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Yes, spring! I'm with you, Cheryl, renewed life! New hope! New opportunities!

I can't wait to see my flower garden popping with new blooms. I meet Jesus there. It's one of our special places.

Your post made my heart lighter just by reading it. Thank you, Cheryl!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

And you reminded me of another blessing from spring--the tulips and jonquils someone planted years ago that keep popping up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz