Girls Write Out
Thursday, February 03, 2011

Good Morning! Thought I'd give you the latest update in my ongoing growing hair saga. Aren't you glad? :-)

Here's the thing. My hair is shorter than it's ever been (obviously) and it's curlier than it's ever been (thanks to chemo). I'm told the curl lasts about a year, so it will soon be straight.

The fun part about having your hair fall out is that you can start all over with a new look or go back to your old one. The choice is yours. Of course, you can do that without chemo having your hair fall out, but this kind of forces you into it. At any rate, that's where I am. Do I keep it short? Do I let it grow back out? How can I possibly decide?

It's an absolutely wonderful dilemma, I assure you. I'm THRILLED to have my own hair back! Those wigs are scratchy, hot, and just plain not me. Though they did save me from looking like Bruce Willis. Still, soon I will have to decide where to go from here.

Any tips on how YOU decided on your current hairstyle? Any links I should go to for some ideas? Our hair is our crowning glory, after all--the Bible says so. I want to make sure I get it just right. ;-)
Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:42 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Di, your hair is gorgeous! I didn't know it was that curly. Why don't you do what I do--tell the hair stylist to make it different from last time--every time you go in. My hair is never the same from one trip to the next, and I've even had it every color of the rainbow except lavender. Go for anything and have fun. Indulge. You've earned the right!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh Di, I love it!!!! I think you should keep it. :)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

LOL, Cheryl! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go through all those colors. LOL! I like the way you mix things up! What fun!

Thanks, C. Thing is, without the curl, it would look much different. :-)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I love the curls! I say let it grow until you don't like it anymore. :-)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger jel said...

I like it too, looks gooD :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

It's such a cute hairstyle, Diann. Keep it for now and see what it looks like as it grows out. :) Yay! I'm cheering for your hair growing back in!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I love it short and curly! It's so cute and fun :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Look at you, you cute thang!!!! It's adorable. Too bad they say the curl will go away. Pooh! Maybe you can get a perm.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

Diann, you look adorable and chic with short, pixie-cut curly hair. Like the color, too. Not everyone can pull off the pixie. You can.

If you want, try growing it long with that curl, like Denise said! But, you know, short hair that you don't have to do anything with except wash-n-go is awesome.

I'd just go with the flow. When it bugs you, you know you can just get it cut short.

I love the sparkle in your eyes, too. That's worth a million.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I know you posted a few days ago - but I think the style in your picture on this post is adorable - its cute, feminine, and flattering. I know you'll lose the curl in it soon, but maybe you can get a perm or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz