Girls Write Out
Monday, February 07, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Highlights

The title may be misleading because, well, you know me. The Super Bowl is not about the game. So here are my highlights (and lowlights) from last night.

Most Disgraceful moment: Christina Aguilara botches the National Anthem. I had equal parts horror and sympathy

Funniest Commercial: A tie: Doritos--"Finger lickin' good" and Bridgestone Tires "Reply All" (haven't we ALL been there?)

Most Tasteless Commercial: Doritos--"Ashes Fall from Mantle"

Most Tender: Volkswagon "Darth Vader"

Most surprising: A tie: Snickers "Roseanne Barr clobbered" and Go Daddy's "Joan Rivers"

Most Touching: Chevrolet "Motor City Pride"

Most Crass: Mini Cooper "Cram it in the Boot Contest"

Biggest Dud: The Coke commercials. All of them. Lots of effort, zero reward.

Most Disappointing: Half time show. Nice visuals, horrible on my ears. If only Simon Cowell were there.

Side note, there were an awful lot of aliens and cowboys strewn throughout the commercials. In one case, both in the same commercial. Huh?

What about you? I'm sure you have an opinion . . . you can even tell us what you thought of the entertainment that took place between commercials.



Labels: , , , ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:51 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

I love the VW "The Force" commercial. You could imagine the expression on the kid's face even though it was hidden by a mask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

That one was precious, Megan! And I could relate as a parent as well. You just want everything for kids.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I was watching Pawn Stars and American Picker reruns. *gasp!* yes, I know. Horror. And I'm from Wisconsin!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Don't gasp too loudly. My favorite was the Budweiser commercial with the cowboy in the saloon. It struck me as funny.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm sorry, but after that dude started sniffing that guy's pants, I could never eat another Dorito as long as I live. Can you say gross?

But I loved the VW-Darth Vader one. So cute. It was my favorite of the night.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Jaime! I can't believe you didn't watch the Packers win!

There were a lot of cowboys last night, Pam, and I was happy about that--for the sake of my new cowboy series, I mean. :-)

Ane, yes, it was gross, but I don't eat Doritos anyway. :-)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I can't believe I forgot to add "Most Romantic"! It was Chevy's "Best date ever". Loved that!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger jel said...

they gave the game away!!

didn't like the halftime show,

and there was some good , bad , and some right down GROSS!!! commercial,

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite commercial was at the very beginning of the game and wasn't considered a "Super Bowl Commercial." It was for the 2011 Kia Optima and was called "One Epic Ride." The special effects were awesome and the ending...I won't give it away since you can find the ad on You Tube I think...is rather surprising. My 2nd favorite was the Darth Vadar ad...just too cute!! There were many commercials that were supposed to be funny but I never laughed. I guess my idea of classy comedy and the pitchmen's ideas greatly differ.

At least my team won and I got mega amounts of knitting done. A great evening of entertainment in my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz