Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Writing in public can be embarrassing. I'm finishing my young adult novel, and I could NOT remember who I used as my "hero" in books one and two. Usually, I keep their pictures in my Scrivener file, but for some reason I didn't have it. Well, I knew he was an Argentine model and I knew he played "Taco" on a telenovela. Or so I thought. The reason I picked this guy is he has that pasty, long, flat-haired look the teens like. I personally don't get it, but my tastes run to Adam Ant, so who am I to say?

Anyway, if you research models from Argentina, you're not likely to get male images. Learned that first. But then, if you add Taco, there's a whole bunch of stuff on how the Taco Bell doggie died. Well, that's sad. I'm just looking for my hero, I don't want to learn about dead Chihuahuas!

I end up looking up "hottest Argentine men!" I'm sitting in a booth at Starbucks and I want to tell the guy next to me, "It's for research, honest!" But he just looks at me like I'm one sick puppy.

Well, after a long, fruitless search, I finally figured out the male model's role wasn't Taco. It was Nacho. All that trouble for the wrong menu item! I'm ready to go back to adult research now, but I'm also craving a Chimichanga. Ever been pulled out of your comfort zone?

Labels: , ,

Kristin  
posted at 11:45 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Hahaha. I can only imagine.... :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

LOL, Kris. Only you and Diann. I don't understand the attraction, either, but I have Mel search with me--which must feel really weird to Mel, especially when I want to know which woman would work the best as the beautiful heroine, and he's trying to NOT make me jealous.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my word! Taco to Nacho. That takes the tres leches cake. :)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

See Kristin, I'm too old for this job. LOL

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I googled "Adam Ant" in images. If that is the man, the same way you don't get the teenage craze...I don't get him. Lol.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

LOL Ah, I loved him. I loved him as the highwayman. Sigh.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger jel said...

the only "Adma Ant" is a cartoon Ant, back in the 60's.

And what is a Chihuahuas?

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

This had me rolling with laughter, Kris, as I could just see some guy watching you doing your "research." This is exactly why I could never do that in a public place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz