Girls Write Out
Sunday, June 26, 2011

I was in a bookstore this week browsing the covers. I'm mostly using my Nook to read, but there's just something about looking at beautiful covers.

I love Sarah Dessen's covers. Also Elin Hilderbrand. I could just sit and stare at them. They beg me to pick them up and take them home. I haven't read Dessen yet (she writes Young Adult fiction), but I know the inside of Hilderbrand's novels are as well done as the outside.

This is the cover for my next book, due out in January. I'm so excited about "The Accidental Bride"! It's my favorite of all my books. Shay is a strong and sassy heroine, well matched by the hero Travis. And the circumstances they find themselves in, well, the book practically wrote itself.

As you can see by the photo, the Thomas Nelson team once again went to work and came back with a beautiful, evocative cover. They don't miss a single detail. This one required a photo shoot to get just the right look.

What do you like about the cover? What does it make you wonder? How does it make you feel?


Labels:

Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:24 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Sheri Salatin said...

This cover is so beautiful that it immediately puts me into that "dreamy, romantic state of mind" I can't wait to read this one. I loved A Cowboy's Touch.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

It's gorgeous, Denise. I haven't read A Cowboy's Touch yet. Time to get with it!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger jel said...

I like the cover,

it reminds me of two of the main
characters in a movie I really like
:)

oh Cheryl, "A Cowboy's Touch" is very good!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Covers realIy attract me but the title has to grab me first and boy does The Accidental Bride stop me in my tracks! :)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It makes me wonder if she's giving him flowers. :) That would fit with her sassy personality.

By the way, I enjoy Sarah Dessen's books. She does have awesome covers!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Book Review Sisters said...

The cover looks pure and simply: romantic! The beautiful bright scenery makes me feel happy and wistful. It's obvious that there is a story behind their looks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz