Girls Write Out
Wednesday, September 21, 2011




If you've ever talked to Colleen on the phone, let me just say, she's enthusiastic. You usually can't tell if she's crying or insanely happy, so you try to get your bearings while she gets it out.

Yesterday, she calls me at work and screams in my ear, "Oh Kris, you have to get on a plane and get out here right now!"

I am freaking. I'm thinking Diann's surgery didn't go well. She needs moral support. Where can I get help for the kids? I will have to tell my boss I'm leaving for a while...all this runs through my head while she blurts the rest out...

OUR SUITE IS SO HUGE THIS YEAR! YOU"D HAVE A HUGE SOAKING TUB ALL TO YOURSELF!"

Really? I'm having a heart attack and this is about my bath fetish? LOL Colleen and Denise are at ACFW and I should be there too. (It's in St. Louis this year.) But it's been so busy around here, I haven't had time to think or finish my rewrite, so it seemed very unprofessional to go at this juncture. But I'm really lamenting my friends being together when I'm not with them. I miss Colleen's enthusiasm. I miss Denise's voice of reason and mostly, I miss Di's fellow goofy ways. We are all soul sisters, and I'm so grateful.

But let this be a warning to you. Colleen Coble cannot be trusted on the phone!

The picture is the new cover they'll start from. The other one just didn't depict the story, though it was a great cover. Thank you all for your feedback!
Kristin  
posted at 9:48 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

That is so true! (Love you, C!)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

C is Tigger! There's no question. I hope you girls are having fun. I miss you!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

LOL!!! No wonder you went quiet for a minute. LOL

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I did. I really had to catch up!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I haven't even left yet. LOL It won't be the same without all of us there. :-/

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

So Colleen and Denise will be rattling around in that huge suite alone? Look what we're missing, Kris! Yes, Colleen is definitely Tigger.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger jel said...

So y'all will be St Louis.

so close, let so far!

how is Diann doing?

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger jel said...

oh I really like that cover :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I do too Jel, thank you!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I talked to Diann today and she sounded in good spirits. She needs our prayers still. Don't give up on praying because God can do all things, and she is ready to feel good and eat~

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Chris Jager - Baker Book House-fiction buyer said...

Man oh man ACFW sounds like so much fun.

I don't remember the other cover (sorry) but one comment on this one. You are right it is great, but sitting on the shelf I believe the dress should be a bit higher or cover more. I know I sound old, but the customers I am thinking of will not like it. I can think of several church librarian that will have a problem with it. Sorry, just what I noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz