Girls Write Out
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
We've been talking about going to Hawaii again. Last time we went our kids were young and we took a Nanny. I love this, she says it's the best family vacation she ever had (ie., not with hers. LOL) Anyway, last night of all things, the Hilton people called about their time share in Hawaii. The deal was great, but it was for a family of four...so I told him, I can't leave two people behind, but thanks anyway.

He tries to tell me to take the kids with the best grades. Um, no. That won't work. Have a good night. He's going to put me on hold and check what he can do.

My son is getting ready to go to college. Next year, he's a senior, so I feel like our time for family vacations is drawing to a close and I panicked. I'm not good at planning and have you ever tried to organize six people on a plane? It's a complete pain.

Well, he talked to his manager (just like when you buy a car!) and got me a deal on a two-bedroom suite. And a free rental car. Granted, we have to go listen to the spiel about the time share, which I've never listened to, even though I've stayed at multiple places that have time shares. But the kicker for me, where I signed on the dotted line was when they said THEIR reservationist would make the plane reservations. SOLD!

Have you ever had something you were planning when some divine opportunity intervened and you knew it was right?
Kristin  
posted at 12:18 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Glad you are going! Which island?

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

How fun! I just hope the reservationist doesn't route you from California to Atlanta then back to Hawaii by way of Chicago, Dallas, and Portland! I had a flight like that once when someone else handled the reservations. :-)

Have a great vacation, and savor the time with your kids.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I've got some friends who know how to stretch a dime farther than anyone I've ever heard of and one of the things I've heard them talk about doing was staying at one of these time share places and having to listen to the spiel.

I don't know how Hilton works compared to some of the others, but my dad spent years trying to get his aunt out of a timeshare that her health won't allow her to use. He literally couldn't give the thing away and the company wouldn't take it back. I am now convinced that these companies make their money by charging old people maintenance fees and the tactics they use to keep people on the hook is nothing short of a scam. They even tried to tranfer the contract into Dad's name without his permission.

Some people really like timeshares, but their grandkids will regret it.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I have accidental vacations where certain trips turn out to be a lot more fun than I expected, such as the time we met with you in San Francisco, ate out, saw Alcatraz, and got lost in Golden Gate Park, then got lost on the way back to our hotel at night. FUN!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

I am totally biased but I think Hawaii's one of the best places in the world. :)
BTW if you're coming to O'ahu Disney just opened a hotel here. I don't know if your kids are all about Disneyland or Disney so thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to check it out.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Tracy, thanks for the warning. I may arrange it myself, we'll see what they offer. I'll be close to my computer while they do so.

Timothy, you don't have to worry about us, I have the cheapest husband on the planet. He won't say yes. Cheryl, that was a fun night. It still makes me laugh. My kids bought me a ghost book for Halloween that has a picture of the Presidio. LOL

Malia, we're going to the big island. Total relaxation and we'll do a lot of the history stuff, Captain Cook, sugar plantation, etc

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

The Big Island is totally fabulous. My grandma had a beach place there when I was a really little kid and we went every summer. I miss it. A really good guide book is Big Island revealed. My must do recommendations are the volcano and kayaking in Kealakekua Bay. There's a dolphin pod there, or used to be, and you can get really close to the Captain Cook monument. The summer palace and church in Kona are beautiful and historic. Hope you have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz