Dave and I celebrated our 40th anniversary on Sunday. It seems impossible that we've been married that long, mostly because I still feel like the 19 year old girl he married. LOL I look older and my body lets me know I'm no spring chicken, but I don't feel
So from the depths of my great wisdom (ha!) I thought we could talk about what makes a marriage last. How do you get through the tough times that every couple faces? I'd like to hear from you too, but here is my personal list for building my marriage.
1. Appreciate all the things your spouse does for you. Verbalize it in front of others too.
2. Focus on your spouse's good qualities. If you dwell on the things that bug you, that's all you'll see. If you have to, write out a list and remind yourself.
3. Say "I love you" every day. Many times. :)
4. Don't try to change your spouse. You have rough edges too. We all do. You will NOT change them and you will only frustrate yourself if you try. Reread #2. :)
5. Love is not a feeling. It's daily choices that we make on how we treat each other. Practice love and thoughtfulness.
Now it's your turn. What tip can you offer for a lasting relationship?
Labels: Marriage Tips