Girls Write Out
Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I've been working on rewriting a book, and it hasn't been easy. My life, like most people's in today's society, is pretty busy. Running here and there and everywhere. So there's such a sense of accomplishment when I finish something. Until the slovenly part of sitting all day sets in and you realize, that book came at a cost.

I have to admit, I'm stunned by how that family on "19 Kids and Counting" maintains peace in such a hectic environment. I will admit homeschooling helps because all I do is pick up and drop off kids, it seems. I know Denise has the same issue, though it's easier now that she has one is in college.

Still, as women, we are prone to doing for everyone else, and we come last. I feel that every time I finish a book and it takes me longer to get back in shape, each and every time. (Sort of like the difference between having child one and having child four!) I really am a good scheduler, but someone's schedule always changes and that makes me have to change my plans.

If you could organize your life into a television family's, real or created, which family would you be?

I'd like to be "19 Kids and Counting" with their calm spirit and process for everything from laundry to dinner. But I think I'm more Marge Simpson.
Kristin  
posted at 4:39 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

One of the families on "Parenthood". I love how close the entire extended family is, how supportive and in each other's business--in a good way--they are.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger jel said...

I always wanted to be part of the Brady Bunch family. ;)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger jel said...

or the Waltons!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

My family was that way, I sure miss having all my grandparents close and that my kids don't have that. It really does make a huge difference. Jel, night John Boy!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm with y'all on the Walton's. I love the close family. I've missed that since we moved to GA all those years ago. Except for our youngest son, everyone lives in TX or CA. And Kristin, I'm a bit more like Marge myself. My plans easily get upended, unless I put my foot down.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm still learning how to do that: put my foot down. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz