Girls Write Out
Sunday, April 15, 2012
I'm not a big fan of change. If change were a person, it would be the person that, when I see her coming, I kind of duck my head and change course.

So when Kevin started bugging me about, oh, 2 years ago, to switch to a digital family calendar . . . well, let's just say I stalled a bit. I mean, I've been keeping a paper calendar since I was a toddler. It's a lot to ask. That's a lot of years, a lot of tradition, a lot of engrained routine.

But syncing his work hours with our family plans was becoming a royal pain, and after too many things fell through the cracks, I bit the bullet and went digital.

I decided on Cozi. It's simple (if different) and allows you to view your calendar on your phone with the touch of a button. It's more tedious to fill in than a paper calendar, I'll admit, but it's also more legible (if you have writing like mine). We've been using it a month, and so far so good.

The paper calendar's still on the fridge as my security blanket, but I'm slowly weaning myself away. I do like having my calendar available on my phone when I'm at the doctor's office and setting my next appointment, and I especially like that the whole family can check upcoming events on their own from wherever they are.

So I guess the moral of the story is that all change isn't bad. Some might even good. It's a little too soon to tell with the calendar thing, but that's what I'm telling myself.

What big changes have you made lately?



Denise Hunter  
posted at 9:22 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Okay, I'm just curious if anyone else caught that you were doing calendars as a toddler. And why are we not surprised. I haven't changed anything. I'm still working on my old virgin Toshiba for writing because I don't want to learn it on my Mac's new Word program.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Mary Marie Allen said...

I did catch that toddler/calendar thing. As much as I loved filling out paperwork and teaching, I don't think I was into calendars until much later. I was more a sit-in-the-middle-of-the-field-and-sing-to-the-Lord-and-make-up-stories kind of gal. In interested to know what you put on your calendar. Play dates? Daddy's return home from work?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger jel said...

not into change, I still have a calendar from May "06" hanging on my wall. :0(

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I have a paper calendar by my desk, but my husband has a digital one for work which is essential to him. As to big changes, I have been putting off a major change -- using a different program for my crochet web site. I have been using Microsoft Front Page which hasn't been suppported for years. I need to change, yet ... I do not do it. LOL I'm comfortable with FP even though it is a wonky program to begin with. LOL Change means moving hundreds of pages ...

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

That should have said files not pages. There are just over a hundred pages, but over 15,000 files.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Iva said...

I use Cozi, too. Unfortunately, my husband's boss uses Cozi so my husband's iPhone is synced up with HIS calendar and not ours. Does anyone know if we can combine calendars (family and work)?

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

My biggest change is being HOME. That's a good change. :)

I changed my accounting program and am still adjustig to it. I changed to iBank and like it so far.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'm with you on the paper calendar, but also like you, too many missed doctor's appointments, and I had to change. I use the Google calendar because it sends me pop ups twenty minutes before I'm supposed to be somewhere, so even if I've forgotten, my phone or computer will tell me, you're supposed to be here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz