Girls Write Out
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
It's all Kristin's fault that I'm obsessed with the perfect cup of coffee. She got me hooked on my entry drug, iced mochas. LOL But now I like the flavor of coffee so well that I don't even want chocolate in my coffee. So I thought I'd share with you all how to make a cup of coffee so good you won't believe it.

There are several things you need for the perfect cup. Coffee is everything. I have bought coffee from everywhere you can imagine, but I recently discovered some coffee that is so far above other coffees. It's infrared roasted coffee by Toomer's. The infrared roasting extracts the full flavor of the bean and it doesn't  make your body more acidic and it's easy on your stomach. The difference is very noticeable! The 2nd thing you need is a good grinder. I have a Capresso. You need a burr grinder to grind it properly. A few months ago, I would have said you also needed a Cuisinart coffeemaker but I've since discovered how wonderful coffee is that's been made in a French press like this one of mine.

So here's how you do it: heat water until it's nearly boiling. For this size of French press, I use 4 scoops of COARSE ground coffee. It's very important that you use coarse ground for proper results. Pour the water over the coffee in the glass carafe and stir with a wooden spoon. This is my favorite part because the aroma is just heavenly. Then put the top on and let it steep for at least 4 minutes. I let it go for 8. Then press the plunger to get the grounds out of the way and enjoy! I add heavy whipping cream, a tiny bit of KAL stevia and some cinnamon. Heaven!

How do you like your coffee? And if you try this, let me know what you think! My writer's brain runs on coffee!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:23 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 9:17 AM, Blogger MommiesCoffee3 said...

Mmmmm sounds delish! Never used a French press, but intrigued by the whole thing!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Tamera Alexander said...

Getting out my french press now, C! : ) Which Toomers do you buy? There are several different kinds.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Rachel Overton said...

Ha...when I need coffee, I need it now. Don't have time for this procedure. Just give me some instant Taster's Choice with Coldstone Creamery's Sweet Cream creamer, and we are GOOD.

And I know that was painful to read, Colleen. It's okay. I don't drink it that often. ROTFL

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

My favorite is the Malwai Estates but they are all fabulous!

Oh Rachel, I'm shuddering. LOL

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger jel said...

I love coffee.

But I'm sorry to say French Press coffee,just aint my cup of tea.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Mary-Louise said...

My husband was using a French Press until Starbucks came to town. Ever since then he has been a die hard Starbucks coffee drinker. One time we had a discussion about the amount of money he was spending on coffee - so he went and bought a $600 coffee machine, which was going to be used to duplicate the ultimate coffee experience. Well, I must say although he has used the machine lots of times, he still goes to Starbucks...
He says it's the filtered water they use, it makes a difference, and although I LOVE the smell of coffee, I personally can't taste the difference.
However, for those in coffee dependent jobs, like yours, a good cup of coffee is probably the difference between an ok day and an awesome one. So, who am I to get in your way? After all, I depend on your awesome day to produce an awesome book.
I say, keep up with the French Press.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mary-Louise! :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Mary Marie Allen said...

My favorite cup of coffee is in my HUSBAND'S CUP far away from my lips. At least that is what I always said until I was injured and for some odd reason craved coffee. Now I drink about a cup a week, nothing special, with sugar and if I'm really treated - French vanilla.

I'm sorry I ever gave in to coffee, though. It dehydrates me and causes digestive problems different from what everyone else seems to experience.

I've got to say though, I love the smell of coffee. Heavenly.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Mary, this infrared roasted coffee would not bother your stomach. Really! It's amazing.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love coffee. its smell, its taste, its feel (yes thats possible). i'm trying to convince a friend of mine who wants to be a chef to learn the art of making the perfect espresso (i dont really have patience for that). lol. great. now i need coffee. ;)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger jel said...

have ya heared the old joke,

How do you like your coffee?

In a cup please! :)



hope y'all have a good weekend end!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Andy and Ana said...

Evening Colleen, My daughter-in love loves mocha, also. Her Sister's husband loves Ground Roasted Coffee. I'll have to ask if they use the French press sounds delicious, aromatic & strong. My cup of coffee I call 'Arkansas Coffee', began when my grandson was born in Arkansas, I was introduced to cocoa in coffee and haven't stop since. It reminds me of those crazy-newborn days. Thanks for the memories, Ana Harshaw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz