Girls Write Out
Thursday, September 06, 2012
So good to be home and mending. Thank you for your prayers!! I get my staples out today. Hubby tried to come at me with a staple remover, but I ran--well, okay, I walked really fast. Can you believe the doctor actually said hubby could remove my staples? Unless we're talking about staples as food, it ain't gonna happen. I love my husband dearly, but please, let's save the medical procedures for the health professionals.

Other than that, life has been fairly calm around our house this week. It's been hard for me to read through the fog, but looking forward to reading Colleen's "Rosemary Cottage" (not yet released) soon!!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! I went to a Qigong class while at the hospital. It's sort of like Yoga in slow motion.  You move very slow, and learn important breathing techniques. I don't get into the New Age thing at all, but I like learning about how to help my body cope through the stresses of life, you know?  I bought a CD of it so I can continue after my staples are out. :)

So have you ever tried a class like that? Pilates? Yoga? Does any of that work for you? I really want something that isn't so much strenuous as it is breathing new life, hope and encouragement into my body. Make sense? What does that for you? Chocolate? Starbucks? Pilates? Pictures of Matthew McConaughey? Okay, not sure where that one came from . . . ;-)

P.S. LOVE Kristin's new book cover!!  Can't wait to read it, K!!

Diann Hunt  
posted at 11:36 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I'm happy you're home and doing well! I haven't taken formal classes for anything like yoga or pilates but I've done some at home at like it. There's also tai chi, never tried it.

My dr had me do biofeedback. I went to a practioner for that but am now doing it on my own with the Heartmath emwave system
http://www.heartmath.com/

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I LOVE that picture!!! You look so "winning" and like you've overcome it all! Tai Chi is very popular here in the parks. I've also seen people worshiping at trees, but that's another California story. I love Yoga. It's very relaxing and helps me with balance. I do it on the Wii so I don't have to fall in front of people. : ) YAY, you're home. Keep that man away from your staples!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger jel said...

Woohoo! glad ya are home!
that is a great picture of ya!

and Kristin new book is a very good read! :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Diann! You look wonderful! My editor told me to do Qigong when I developed fibromyalgia symptoms, and I did it for a while, but overdid, then got bored and wanted to do more, and pulled something. I wish typing was considered exercise!

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can definitely understand where the Matthew McConaughey thought came from! Glad you're home and doing better!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

So glad you're home! And I'm with you on husbands turning medical. Although my son tok his own stitches out recently. He'd badly sliced a finger across the knuckle while prepping brisket. He's a chef.

After the number of days were up for the stitches to remain in, he was too busy to go to the doctor's so he took them out himself. Come to think of it, he's been doing that all his life. When he was 7 months old, he smacked himself in the mouth with his playpen, and nearly lost a tooth. The doc put 2 stitches in his gum to hold it in. Two days later they were gone. And they weren't the dissolving kind. LOL

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

David Tennant, or Richard Dean Anderson perhaps ... LOL I do not do Pilates or any of that. I have done the exercises on the Wii thing in the past but had to discontinue when I hurt my knee and now I am larger and cannot move in those ways!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

Also, I love that picture! I hope this last surgery did the trick for you. You have handled your troubles with such grace and faith. I'm happy you are home and enjoying life!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger jel said...

please tell me what the big whoop is about Matthew McC?

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Reneelmc said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Collene has done an excellent job at getting the prayer chain moving for you.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Reneelmc said...

Prayer for a speedy recovery. Colleen has done an amazing job getting the prayer chain going for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz