Girls Write Out
Monday, October 24, 2005
I’m gearing up for a trip in a couple of weeks with three of my sisters-in-law! How fun is that? Suffice it to say that our ages range from 48 to 54, so this should provide plenty of fodder for future lady lit books. J

I’m wondering what four middle-aged (well, they say the 50 is the new 40, after all) women will do for a whole week in the tropics without a thing to do? Any ideas? Please don’t tell me to get my hair done in some fun, exotic way. I’m not into those little corn row braid thingies. There’s only so much you can do with five hairs, you know what I’m saying? And the fact that my hairline has gone north—think arctic—well, some things are better left hidden.

I know there’s always the beach. I mean, people go to the tropical spots to lie beneath a golden sun so they can bake to a beautiful golden brown, right? But I’m afraid instead of a nice little ding announcing the end of my baking time, my crisp self would see red fire trucks coming straight for me with a hose big enough to blow me from Florida to Puerto Rico. I mean, just how dry can leather get?

Besides, I don’t think the world is ready to see this fifty-year-old body in a bathing suit. On the other hand, there is a certain element of freedom that hits at my age. So what if my wrinkled self struttin’ down the beach causes all aquatic life and human kind within a twenty-five mile radius to scatter? I’ve earned these wrinkles. Every doggone one of ‘em, thank you very much.

So I’ll pack my bathing suit, sunscreen, wrinkle creams and maybe throw in a few good books, then I’ll soon be on my way. But I’m thinking somebody should warn the resort that we’re coming. You never know what could happen when four middle-aged women come to town.
Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:27 PM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Hi Diann,

Sounds like tons of fun! or should I say sun??? Hehe ~~~~

Rhonda

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, you'll have a blast! I always enjoyed the FOOD! Okay, so I was in the tropics with beach and fun in the sun, but I was more intrigued by all the really cool food! LOL And those cabana boys...you can snap and they'll bring you a soft drink and food! Now, THAT's my idea of heaven on earth! LOL Have fun, girl!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Deborah Raney said...

Hey, thanks for making 50 sound so fun! You're absolutely right about the freedom that comes with it. My 40s were the best years of my life, but 50 is stacking up pretty nicely too...so far... : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz