Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 03, 2006

RESOLUTIONS
I make them every year. Lose weight, exercise more, change this, change that. We are never satisfied, are we? But satisfaction is greatly overrated. Contentment is one thing, but I love goals. I love the fresh start of a new year. Anything seems possible when the calendar rolls around again.

Sell five hundred thousand copies of a book--sure, it's possible. Once again weigh what I did when I got married--of course, piece of cake. And this year, I KNOW one thing I've wanted and dreamed about for years is about to happen--I'm getting a new daughter-in-law, So that means anything is possible, right? I might even wish those wrinkles away that have started forming around my eyes, and the cellulite on my thighs might suddenly turn to smooth, elastic skin if I just exercise enough. Okay, maybe not.

But one thing I do know for sure. Anything is possible with God. I went to see Narnia yesterday with my kids and was struck again with how this world is not the real one. It's really the dream and heaven is the reality. So the resolutions I want to make this year include some spiritual ones too. To more clearly look past the veil that separates the two worlds and try to peer into eternity, to send some treasures on ahead by loving people and listening for God's prompting.

Of course, I'm not giving up the idea of selling a million books or of wearing a size 8 again someday. I can't quite let go of this world just yet. But I'm working on it.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:59 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

I don't know about you, but doesn't this new year feel different?? Like there is something exciting just around the bend? I too did the whole, eat healthier and work out more... Ok work out period! But my biggest one, the one from the heart is... God bring me closer to you, your will and your purpose in my life.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Same as my goals, Corina. And you know what? With those kinds of goals, there IS something exciting just around the bend!

Diann

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Along with some other authors, I'm reading through the Bible in 90 days and it's really kick-starting my spiritual goals. I'm with you, Corina, this year FEELS different. I'm not sure why but it seems 2006 is going to be a wonderful, fantabulous year. I pray it is for you too!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, set my goals, Colleen....some spiritual, some physical (egads--what WAS I thinking?) and some writing related. And Corina, you're right...this year FEELS different...exciting, and I find myself filled with anticipation as what is around the corner. BLessings to you all as we embark on this adventurous new year!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Here I thought I was the only one who felt the excitment and feelings of anticipation. I've been saying for the last two weeks, 2006 is the year of contracts!!!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm even looking forward to any rejections I may get. (okay, maybe looking forward isn't exactly right) At least it means I have a book out there!

Colleen, you look great sister. The Bible in 90 days--wow, I thought a year was good.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Colleen, seems like I'm hearing so many saying they want to understand more of eternity in 2006. I know it's on my heart, too. Ecclesiastes 1:3 says eternity is written on our hearts... so maybe we're all onto something!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Amen Rachel. Pun intended? Losing weight is a piece of cake? made me laugh..

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I agree with Corina, somehow this new year seems different. Maybe it will be! I'd sure like to fit into size 8 again.

Camy

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my plan this year is to definitely dig deeper into God's word and search out his plan for my life. this past year i have put God on the backseat and i really don't wanna go down that track again.

oh and also make sure i go to the gym 4 times a week (and not pick up kfc on the way home... which i did tonight! whooops).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz