Girls Write Out
Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hang on to your hats. I'm on a new research kick.

Case in point. My husband got a new toy. It has two wheels and a motor--with all the bark of a Chihuahua. (Just kidding, honey.)

What he actually has purchased is a Honda Helix motor, um, scooter.

Now before you start thinking this is a wimpy little motor bike, let me just tell you this baby can work her way up to 70 miles per hour--well, okay, on a non-windy day. We haven’t had the courage to do it just yet, mind you, but when we do, look out!

I’ll soon be donning a new kind of red hat--(pictures will be posted to my web site)--as in, shiny red helmet, to match my red leather jacket. Yes, you heard me. Red leather jacket. No chains yet, though, aren’t you glad?

So if you live in the Midwest, you might want to stay off the streets and sidewalks, just till we get the hang of things.

It’s frightening, I know, but if I’m going to have the characters in my next book be motorcycle riders, well, I have to feel the brush of wind on my face, the thrill of riding over bumpy train tracks, the joy of hanging on to my husband for dear life, and finally sense the pain of someone prying my stiff self off the bike after my first lengthy ride.

It’s what I do in the name of, well, work. So if you see this flash of red zip by your house and hear strains of the Beach Boys cranked up full volume singing, “It’s the Little Old Lady from Indiana,” be sure to wave!

And by the way, just what are you doing these days in the name of research, hmmm??????

Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:58 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

YOU are getting on the scooter, Di? THIS I have to see! LOL

I'm really suffering for Jesus this year. I'm going to Hawaii to research the next book. My next setting is on a coffee plantation. I MUST taste all the newly roasted beans, all the different flavors and varieties. What a chore, but someone has to do it.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am NOT researching my college assignments. and honestly, i think you can tell this by the quality of my last assignment that i finished at 4.30am monday... it was due 9am. so yeah, not looking forward to getting THAT one back. need to get my butt into gear i think!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

Well, poor me, I had to have a massage last night to research my WIP. And, bummer, my masseuse is in training and wanted to try all this stuff so it went for AN HOUR AND A HALF!

On the flip side, I get to parent my three preschoolers who are always fodder for my fiction. And also the reason that my masseuse kept saying "Relax. You are so tense. Relax."

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, Jamie, bless your heart, having to go through a massage. The things we go through. And Colleen, Hawaii? What's up with that? I risk life and limb on the back of a scooter and you go to Hawaii?

Bethanie, I don't blame you. College research just isn't as much fun. Finishing a project at 4:30 a.m.? Oh, to have that kind of energy again . . . .

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Diann, You'd fit in so well out here in California--land of the 'try anything once.'

I'll be watching for that flash of red to whiz by...

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Hang on, Di, you just might get hooked on that bike! :o) My husband and I have been riding a motorcycle (me on the back, of course) for 35 years. LOL We used to look like rough bikers, but now we look like their grandparents. LOL

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diann

believe me, i think i did a really really bad job of that one! plus i've got tonsillitis and all i wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep for a week! and i couldn't! it was terrible. but hey, serves me right i guess, school started feb 27th in australia... i was given that assignment the first day. lol!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Wow, Ane, you're my hero! We'll see if I get hooked. :-) I'm thinking the right helmet can make all the difference. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz