Girls Write Out
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

IN THE PRESENCE OF GREATNESS
No, I'm not talking about Beverly Lewis, Lori Copeland, or Hannah Alexander, though they ARE great! It's the man and woman in the back row on the left. CPO's signing in Springfield MO (4145 S. National Ave) is always a highlight of my year. Carla (pretty blond in the back) is a powerhouse and knows fiction. She hand sells so many of my books, I should pay her a commission. And CPO's dynamic owner Bruce is always on the floor tending to customers like an employee.

These two should teach a class at ICRS on how to have an effective booksigning. The line was huge (okay, I know most were there to see Beverly Lewis and not me, but still.) They had STACKS of our books and had sent out postcards about the event. It was a truly great day among great people. In case you don't recognize the authors, from the left are Lori Copeland, Colleen Coble, Beverly Lewis. In the back, Carla McCall, Bruce Erdel, Cheryl and Mel Hodde (Hannah Alexander).

Do you have a favorite bookstore? If so, what do you love about it? Do you like someone who recommends books to you or would you rather browse on your own? I love bookstores--the smell of them, the stacks of books just waiting for me to crack the cover.

I hesitate to post this picture because it's going to get me in SO much trouble! My Aunt Edith will be so jealous I met Beverly Lewis. I meant to get you a copy of Beverly's new book, Ede, (and one for me) but she got away before I caught my breath. Next time. :-)
Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:42 AM  
  Comments (3)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
3 Comments:
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HOw fantastic! Looks like you guys had fun, fun, fun! Great photo, too! Oh, and I LOVE bookstores! One of the few places I'll actually go to willingly! :)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I agree with Robin, I love bookstores! My husband takes my credit cards away if I'm headed to a bookstore. :o}

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

The line was huge??? Oh, yeah! When I told my dear brother that I'd be having
booksigning(s) when my book is (finally) out, he said, "What for?" And THEN he added, "Who'll come?"

Well. Thank you very much for all the support, mister! After reading your post, Colleen, I'm thinking I'll need to invite the girlswriteout team to my first booksigning, you know, to draw the crowd. Whaddya think?

Um, I'll bring chocolate....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz