Girls Write Out
Monday, May 01, 2006

This is going to be a great day! I finished the sequel to Hot Flashes & Cold Cream yesterday. So last night I sent Hot Tropics & Cold Feet into WestBow and today I’m trying to decide if I want to work or play.

Of course, I want to play, but my house is screaming for attention. My office is piled high with paperwork. I haven’t been in there for weeks. Everything gets put on hold when I’m on deadline.

But the idea of hanging out with my daughter and the grandkids, getting a manicure or a pedicure, going to a movie, shopping—any and all of those things call out to me. So much so that I’m sitting here typing instead of planning what I’m going to do today. Which brings me to my blog:

How many of you are list writers? I don’t know about you, but when I get up and make a list of what I want to accomplish for the day, I actually get things, well, accomplished. Who knew? But if I don’t write it down, the task is forgotten before I can get my breakfast oatmeal poured in the bowl. Plus I figure if it works for Santa Claus . . . .

Now that doesn’t mean if I write down all I need to do today that I can’t scrap it all and get a massage instead. That’s the beauty of a list. I can throw one away and start over. But at least a list says I’m attempting to remember to pick up the dry cleaning.

By the way, I’ve lost entire wardrobes at our dry cleaner. I think they’re in cahoots with the area Goodwill. I leave my clothes there too long (no list), and the dry cleaner sells them to the Goodwill. Everybody profits. But me. I’m down to two outfits.

I’m telling you, I need lists or the clothes don’t get picked up, my doctor appointments are missed, the dog gets left at the groomers. In fact, by the time I remembered to pick her up last time (no list), she needed a new haircut.

Some of you keep lists, I just know it (Denise, time to fess up). List makers, now’s your time to be heard!

Diann Hunt  
posted at 7:49 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I use lists, but I also use a big calendar that's by phone in the kitchen. If it's not on the calendar, then I don't know know about it!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - the TOP one on my list is GET A HOUSEKEEPER! My dh is involved in a new company start-up. Things are finally happening. Soon, he should be coming out of retirement and drawing a salary again (for sitting on the board of directors). I told him there is only one thing I want. It isn't diamonds (although those never hurt), it isn't new clothes, or a fancy car. I want soemone to clean my house! :o)

And guess what? He agreed! WAHOO! That's my ultimate luxury fantasy dream. And it may come true soon! Then I can really work on those lists. ;)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE lists! I use the sticky notes on my computer primarily to keep track of things that need to get done. Mostly because I don't trust my memory. And in large part because it's so much fun to cross off something or delete it.

I know. It's a sickness.

I like Ane's list, though. I want one like that. :)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I like your list, Ane!! If I had a housekeeper, I might actually find my dog, the grandkids, and--well, you get the picture.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who needs a list. By the way, you'll be happy to know that I have an office again! Yep, I cleaned it. And can you believe I actually found a desk and a chair in there? Who knew?

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

I use lists out of necessity, not because I like them. And my lists are ALWAYS created at night. I can't think in the morning. So the only way to know that I'll be able to get something done the next day is to write it down the night before. Anyone else like that?

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Oh yes. I use lists. Grocery lists, cleaning lists, large task lists (for my husband) and little task lists (for me!). Project lists (like organizing all my photographs b4 I graduated to digital slrs), and client lists (like whose photographs need editing b4 hitting their portfolios!) ... my problem is ...

I LOSE MY LISTS!!!

How many of you painstakingly write your lists - even on pretty notepaper - and then spend 3 days searching for it only to sit down and try to frantically remember what you put on the list?!?! That's me. In a disorganized nutshell.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

That's hilarious, Jaime, and so true!
I forgot that little bit of truth myself.

The thing is I don't even realize I've lost my list until the end of the day--when I've neglected to accomplish everything on my list, because I don't know what I put on it, and I can't find it, and--well, it doesn't matter, because tomorrow morning, I can start with a new list. LOL

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Annie said...

last year when I was in college still, i posted a list every week: homework, what classes were when and with what prof, and random other tasks to do...i had them all laid out by time, so i basically planned my day and sometimes down to the minute of when things need to be done...

funny thing is that now that I'm an internship, actually in the REAL WORLD for a year, my lists tend to take a backseat. I still make them, but i'm more dependent on my planner now... just assigning a time to get things done, because if i didn't put a time to it, it wouldn't happen... i'm a compulsive procrastinator and if I dont have something to keep me busy, I'll just sleep, keep reading a Kristin book at Starbucks, go to the mall, or talk on the phone... the timing is everything!!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Heather Ivester said...

I make lots of lists, but then I lose them. Then I have to make a new list to find my old list.

The only place I've found where I don't lose a list is to stick it on the inside of the cabinet door next to our kitchen phone. I always surprise myself that I can find it there. It's a great place to stick my grocery list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz