Girls Write Out
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
MENTORING
This is me and Robin Miller at the Women of Faith conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana last weekend. Robin won the contest my publisher ran last spring. The person who did the best job of publicizing Alaska Twilight would be awarded an all expense paid trip to the conference. Robin flew in on Friday from Little Rock and left on Sunday. We had a great time!

After the conference, I had to some time to reflect. Our relationship began with her being a fan of my books, then a mentoring relationship and now a friendship. We won't mention the way I've corrupted her in her chocolate tastes. Now only DeBrand truffles will do. LOL But you know, when we give back to others some of the same love and help that God gives us, we are always more blessed in the end. Maybe you don't write, but you know how to cook. (God will bless you if you send some of that ability my way.) Maybe you can work in the nursery to give young mothers a break. Maybe there's a young married woman in your realm of influence who needs to learn about being a wife.

If you think about it, there is someone around you that you can reach out to and be a friend to. I sometimes hear retired people saying no on comes or calls and they're so lonely. My heart breaks for them, but I always encourage them to get out there and DO something for other people. When we hear the adage it is more blessed to give than to receive, it's so true! Try it and you'll see what I mean.

And if you want to give DeBrand mocha truffles, my mouth is yours.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:54 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, man, Colleen, you are SUCH an encourager. Your heart pumps OTHERS, OTHERS, OTHERS.

On a side note, will you give me a piece of DeBrand chocolate? :) Y'all talk about it so much, it must be good. Down here, we have Peterbrooke. It's good too. You should taste their chocolate popcorn. They claim they developed it. Oh, man, it's good.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Robin. Sounds like you had loads of fun!

Colleen, your post about reaching out struck me this morning because I attended the Beth Moore study on Daniel last night. A big theme that arose out of her talk on the dvd was the need for us all to step up. Convicting.

T. Forkner

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

See me at conference, Kristy. I'll make sure you get a truffle. LOL

Tina, I get convicted all the time that I'm not doing enough. But we do what we can. We can't be everything to everybody, but we can do something.

You can tell Kristin is thoroughly corrupted too. LOL

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I just went to the DeBrand website and ended up droolin all over my keyboard. Man, I'm going to have to order some. My choices are the Mocha, the raspberry and the caramel. Hmmm humm. There goes my workout for today. I think I gained a pound just from looking! ;)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

people, all this chocolate talk is driving me insane! i love the stuff, but am allergic to it, so unless i want to risk death i can't have it (even though the idea of death by chocolate sounds like the best way to die lol)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

congrats to Robin! I hear y'all had a GREAT time!

I want some DeBrand truffles!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz