Girls Write Out
Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The other day I went to my mailbox and pulled out a package from The Netherlands. Upon opening it, I found inside a copy of one of my Love Inspired books, A Match Made in Bliss, with a new cover. But here's the really cool part: all the words were in Dutch!!! Although it may surprise you to know that Diann Waker (my maiden name) in English is still the same in Dutch.

I screamed and hollered, called my husband at work—he was in a meeting. Our daughter’s line was busy. Our son was teaching a class. My neighbor was gone. The Girls were not at their computers, and my dog is deaf. The mail lady might have been impressed had she been able to read it and had it revealed my current name rather than my maiden name.

So I partied alone. With chocolate. All day.

I don’t know how that international stuff works, but of all the languages that my book could have been published in, it’s way cool that this is in Dutch because my mother’s grandparents came from Holland to live in America!! Not that any of us can read Dutch, but still.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement. I have no clue if anything in the book resembles what I actually wrote, but my mom will get a kick out of having her own copy—even if she can’t read it.
Diann Hunt  
posted at 3:11 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

That is very cool, Diann! One of my favorite authors, Betty Neels, actually sets a lot of her books in the Netherlands. Must be because she married a Dutchman. :)

Congratulations on the Dutch version. Any others forthcoming?

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Now that's tres cool, Diann! I was here most of the day, nursing a sinus infection. Yuck. I'd of partied with you! ;o)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Three thoughts:

1. Cute shoes!

2. My husband's family hailed from The Netherlands (Dykes).

3.Congrats, Diann. Woohoo!!!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks! Aren't those shoes, cool? They'd kill me to wear them, but they're cool on a book cover.

If I'd known you were home, Ane, I'd have called!

Now here's the funny thing. I just noticed that I spelled my own maiden name wrong on the blog. It's WALKER. Do you think my subconscious mind was already scrambling (something it does regularly) for Dutch?????

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger ~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Congrats, DiAnn! Very happy for you! Foreign publications are great. And your cover's not bad. Rejoice in that. (Well, obviously you did. Chocolate all day--way cool.) Some of the covers on my foreign translations have been ... well, not good. Like one with a small, bland, boring picture of a barn near a lake. Nothing to make you want to pick up the book, that's for sure. Plus there's no barn and no lake in the book. Go figure.

BTW, some of my novels are in Dutch, too. Perhaps it's the same publisher.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Gelukwensen! Goed voor u.
That's Dutch for "Congratulations! Good for you!" (I looked it up on AltaVista's Babel Fish.) ;o)
Hope you have many, many more books translated into other languages! Cool!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

That'll teach me to be gone! I missed the chocolate binge!

Way cool, Di! I can't wait to see it!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, that is so cool!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Way too cool ! Congrats! And the shoes really are cute ;-)

Abundant blessings,
Jenny

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Very cool, Brandilyn! Is your Dutch publisher Red Rose Roman?

Pam, I'm totally impressed!! Thanks for the Dutch "congrats"! LOL

Thanks to the rest of you for sharing my joy! If you'd been around the day I got the book, you might have saved me five pounds.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the shoes.
I don't care if they kill me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz