Girls Write Out
Wednesday, October 17, 2007




CROWDER AT THE FILLMORE!
So the last time I was at the Fillmore in San Francisco, let's just say it had to be a long time ago, because there are no seats at the Fillmore, and clearly, if I was old enough to have cared, I would have remembered that. Are you too old to go to a concert if you're thinking about better arch support during the music? Perhaps. But wow, we had fun! First off, Maria and I LOVE San Francisco. There is this buzz of excitement as we enter the City, and we are so psyched to be there. We're both talking a mile a minute, clearly not caring that the other isn't listening. We're excited! We're two chicks of significant age in the City sans kids and husbands! The best part of being older? We don't have to search for parking, we can now afford a garage!

On the streets in Japantown, we run into my muse for Ashley Stockingdale. She's looking for a trendy restaurant a bit further on. Are you ready for her great Ashley quote??

Maria: "Oh, you have your True Religion Jeans on."
Ashley: "I totally didn't get that people would spend $350 on a pair of jeans, but look at me!! I'm like, seven feet tall in these things!"

But we part ways with Ashley and the rest of the church crowd when we smell Indian food. Maria and I are gluttons for Indian, and we find this great little hole in-the-wall where we sit next to a gay drama queen telling his romance woes to two female friends. Such inflection! Such emotion! Maria said he would have fit in great with the two of us -- except of course we already lacked open air space for speaking. I love how the lack of real estate in SF restaurants forces you to connect with people at the table beside you. Too fun! It's like instant neighborhood. I am so moving when my kids are grown. We drove in through Pacific Heights, where I plan to move to. We drove out through Union Square just so we could touch the mother ship. They put a Barney's where FAO Schwartz was, just interesting, that's all.

We ran into our entire church at the concert, too fun! David Crowder was awesome as usual, but Phil Wickham who opened for him. WOW! WOW! This is a man with so much passion in his voice, I was blown away! Go take a listen: www.PhilWickham.com

Today, Maria and I paid something fierce for our weeknight our in the City. We didn't get home until after midnight, and kids still have to get to school, etc...and let's just say it's not the same as an all-nighter during college. And even if Maria wouldn't square dance with me to "I Saw the Light", we are currently planning our next venture into the City. Which should involve shopping and a four star hotel!

Forgive the sideways pictures, I took them on my phone, and I'm too weary to figure out turning them to stick. : ) Kristin
Kristin  
posted at 11:48 PM  
  Comments (20)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
20 Comments:
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

What? No pictures of David?? Glad you enjoyed the concert. I've heard clips from Remedy and they all sound good. He's already sold out at the House of Blues here in Chicago.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

What fun! Glad you had a fun night in the city, K!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this post, Kristin!! San Francisco is an exciting city, so I got wrapped up in your descriptions--made me feel I was back there again! I especially loved your "instant neighborhood" thing in the restaurant! What a hoot!

Don't know much about David Crowder. You've said so many good things about him, I need to listen to his music. :-)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

What fun and great pictures. Yes, Phil Wickman is awesome too!! I think we do one of his songs.

Rachel :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Teen Son went to a David Crowder concert last week too, and loved it. Sooooo many high school kids have bonded around here over DC's and similar artists' music. Such a cool blessing. Glad you had so much fun!!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

What a great night! It's been forever since I was in San Francisco. It makes me want to go back soon.

Glad you had such a fun time.

Tina

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

There's a picture of David, Pam, it's just sideways, like everything else. LOL My kids are nagging me to leave, more later! KB

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Annie said...

ok so I so should have gone this concert. I was invited by a friend but couldn't due to teaching confirmation. and I still live 2 hours east of San Fran, but I totally would have gone!! I'm glad you had such a great time K! :-) I saw him a few summers ago at an Indie Christian Music Festival and he was FANTASTIC! Phil Wickham is awesome too.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

It was a great night, but yeah, I would have preferred a chair. The City was really warm that night too, a nice blanket of fog with no wind, v.v. nice.

But now I'm back in the muck of everyday life. : )

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Concerts with girlfriends are the best! You can be silly and have a great time. :o)

I haven't been in San Francisco since the late 70s. I'd love to visit again.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger AnnieBlogs said...

Phil Wickham is my FAVORITE! I bought the tickets to the show in Atlanta not knowing who he was "opening" for. Oh- DCB, don't mind if I do!! I consider Phil the main act and DCB the closers. :) Though the entire night is sure to be FANTASTIC. You've gotten me anticipating it all over again.

And I miss Ashley Stockingdale. Glad you got to check in with her. :)

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear David Crowder and Phil Wickman on the radio K-love all the time!
I hope David sang the song "forever yours!" Oh, if that song don't get a person going nothing will!
Sound's like you had a blast!
Thanks for telling us about it!
And I kind of like the pictures sideways. :)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kayla said...

Did David play ...neverending on a Guitar Hero controller? He did at Creation festival.

Have you read either of David's books? I'm reading Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven but Nobody Wants to Die (or the Eschatology of Bluegrass) and it's hilariously grim (it's about death of the soul). The sideways pictures seem quite Crowder-like, actually.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

*owie*
my neck hurts from turning my head sideways...lol

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I got one of Crowder's books at a Christian book conference. Sushi something? It was interesting. He's definitely an artist!

He played something on the Guitar Hero guitar, but I think it was the theme music for a video game.

I think you're right about the pictures being sideways. It goes, doesn't it? And sorry Suzanne, take a good heat wrap and call me in the morning. : )

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger celestemc said...

Wow, what a fun post! I love SF, my daughter's last trip was there this summer so I will always have special memories there. I love the sweet times I've had at Fisherman's Grotto with both my dad and my girl.

As for Phil Wickham, I had never heard of him until just a couple of months ago when he did a concert at our church. Not only does he have an amazing voice, but an awesome heart for the Lord as well.

Thanks so much for sharing!
~C

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Lindi said...

Crowder is my fav!! I've got tickets to Atlanta---but I have seats--the bottom -standing room only--sold out quickly..I"ll see you there, Annie!
And I agree that the sideways pic is just like Crowder--different--yet awesome!
I met him in Atlanta when he was signing his book-he actually set up and did a couple of songs-I saw the light-and I'll fly away...incredible artist.
I'm glad you had fun, Kristin! Sounds like a night in the city is just what a girl needs!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

Maybe I missed something but did someone in this post actually admit to spending $350 on a pair of jeans?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Allen - LOL! I think you are right and the silence in response is telling :-) You guys are too fun!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

She got them on clearance Allen, they were $75. Originally $350. My Ashley is not stupid!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz