Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 01, 2008

So I'm happily cleaning my bedroom (well, that's not entirely true--I'm not happy about it) when suddenly I ram my foot into something--steel. After the dog and I stop howling (yes, she's deaf, but she can howl with the best of them), I decide to investigate what in the world I had stumbled upon. I start peeling through mounds of clothing and bedroom debris, tossing things this way and that to uncover the mystery to my throbbing toe. To my everlasting shock you will never guess what I found! A treadmill!! Who knew?

I think I must have covered it the first week of January 2007. (By the way, that's a great way to get rid of those irritating New Year's Resolutions things--out of sight, out of mind, all that.)

Still, there it sits in all its exposed glory, so I have to do something about it, right? I mean, seriously, can you look your treadmill in the, well, handlebars and not feel guilty on New Year's Day? Exactly.

I step onto the runner and turn it on (are you hearing the theme song for Chariots of Fire?). I totally get that I'm not at my wedding weight. I understand I've put on a few pounds since last January. Maybe even since last week. Okay, since yesterday. But please. The sound this thing is making is the magnitude of a national alert. 

All right, the truth is that after five minutes, I don't know which is making the most noise, the treadmill or me. (That missing lobe thing, you know.) Anyway, I decide I've done my civic duty and I grab a bag of Oreos.

My New Year's Resolution this year? Dust and polish that thing then cover it up for another year.

So what's yours?
Diann Hunt  
posted at 5:00 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Ausjenny said...

Diann I have a suggestion, garage sale. i bet you could get a good price for it!
We had a treadmill for several years got it for mum but not the electric one. it was hard work and a friend now has it. But i can say i lost 7 kilos last year (and thats includes what i gained over christmas otherwise it would have be almost 9)
My resoloution is to read more and average one book a week. (should be to learn to spell) i read one today but in 100 degrees reading about all i wanted to do.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

LOL, Diann! You crack me up.

I looked at my resolutions for 2007 and realized that most of them are still good. So, I repeated what I did a year ago: crossed off the previous date and wrote the new year. Am good to go. Number 1 thing on the list? Return student papers (graded, mind you) in the same MONTH. (Dare I admit it? Homework papers from October, November, and December are still on my desk. How humiliating!)

Happy New Year! Love ya! Pam

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

P.S. Did you really post that in the middle of the night? I can understand Jenny and my posting times because we're hours ahead of you in other time zones, but 2 a.m.?! You must have stayed up to see 2008 in.

I didn't stay up--but then got up--because someone in our housing complex bought dozens of (dazzling!) fireworks which he set off about 100 yards from our apartment. I woke up because I thought we were being bombed. LOL. The fireworks were worth getting up for, though. Wow! Spectacular!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

A garage sale is a great idea, Jenny--but then what where would I put all the clothes? ;-)

I wasn't up at 2:00, Pam. I was actually up at 4:00! LOL! I couldn't sleep, for some crazy reason, so I figured I'd blog. I didn't stay up to see the New Year in. The house was blissfully quiet--all except for hubby playing his Wii games. I read some from a book and fell asleep. Interpret: Old.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I've kept ALL my 2007 resolutions. Yep ... kept in the top drawer of my desk.

And the drawer's too full for any new 2008 ones.

And I wondered what that loud groaning noise was I heard this morning. The one that followed the howling.

Heard them all the way to Georgia. You may be missing a lobe, girl, but your howl still carries. ;)

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like making resolutions 'cause I usually FAIL. I plan on getting my knee up to pre-injury state...as well as the rest of my body. It's been a long 5 months but I know that God's glory will shine through my struggles. Even if I can't see it. I KNOW He is with me.

I want to be the best me I can be, inside and out!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Katy McKenna said...

I howled laughing over this, Di! I hope your foot is OK. Where I come from, that qualifies as a bona fide sports injury... :)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Wow, Ane, you heard the noise clear in Georgia? Maybe that surgery helped more than I know! Why, I could end up with Tarzan lungs!!! Whoohoooo!!!

Great resolution, Jennifer--to be the best we can inside and out!

Yeah, I think I DID get a sports injury, Katy!! Sounds so much more important than stubbing my toe on a littered treadmill! *g*

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Ausjenny said...

Well maybe some of the clothes can go to the garage sale too?
I dont know but i know clothes like to live on the floor (well in my room they do)
Its a cool day so maybe i better pick them up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz