10 Things I Got in the Carribean
1. A sunburn. Hint: Don't kayak in the ocean without sunscreen. Ouch.
2. Great photos. No doubt about it, the ocean doesn't look any prettier than it does in the Carribean.
3. Spoiled. Where's my room steward? My buffet? My waiter? WAHHHHH!
4. A great appreciation for the good old USA. Beautiful as the scenery is, I would never want to live anywhere else.
5. Sore muscles. Kayaking, snorkling, hiking, we did it all and I found muscles I forgot I had.
6. Alone time with Kevin. The kids had clubs on the ship and they made new friends and had activities of their own in the evenings.
7. A great new perfume called CK Summer. I'm a strange woman--I hate perfume, that strong flowery sweet smell makes me want to gag. But I found this citrus one I love while we were shopping for my son on St. Kitts.
8. Rest. I didn't have to drive anyone anywhere, cook anything, wash anything, clean anything, or do anything else I didn't want to do. We spent some time just chilling at the beach and in our cabin so we didn't go home from vacation needing another one--been there, done that.
9. Great memories with the kids. So many good times and funny happenings we'll always remember.
10. Lots of dirty laundry. The fun's over and now it's time to pay for all that time off.
Things I didn't get in the Carribean
1. Seasick. Thank you, Dramamine!
2. Extra tonage. After gaining 6 pounds on my last cruise--yes, 6 pounds in a week--I gained no weight at all on this one. Though I did have to say no to some yummy food.