Girls Write Out
Tuesday, July 29, 2008



10 Things I Got in the Carribean
1. A sunburn. Hint: Don't kayak in the ocean without sunscreen. Ouch.

2. Great photos. No doubt about it, the ocean doesn't look any prettier than it does in the Carribean.

3. Spoiled. Where's my room steward? My buffet? My waiter? WAHHHHH!


4. A great appreciation for the good old USA. Beautiful as the scenery is, I would never want to live anywhere else.

5. Sore muscles. Kayaking, snorkling, hiking, we did it all and I found muscles I forgot I had.

6. Alone time with Kevin. The kids had clubs on the ship and they made new friends and had activities of their own in the evenings.
7. A great new perfume called CK Summer. I'm a strange woman--I hate perfume, that strong flowery sweet smell makes me want to gag. But I found this citrus one I love while we were shopping for my son on St. Kitts.
8. Rest. I didn't have to drive anyone anywhere, cook anything, wash anything, clean anything, or do anything else I didn't want to do. We spent some time just chilling at the beach and in our cabin so we didn't go home from vacation needing another one--been there, done that.
9. Great memories with the kids. So many good times and funny happenings we'll always remember.
10. Lots of dirty laundry. The fun's over and now it's time to pay for all that time off.


Things I didn't get in the Carribean

1. Seasick. Thank you, Dramamine!

2. Extra tonage. After gaining 6 pounds on my last cruise--yes, 6 pounds in a week--I gained no weight at all on this one. Though I did have to say no to some yummy food.
Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:15 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

This is where we went on our honeymoon! I loved, loved, loved it there. What a great vacation, and totally hard to come back to reality.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Sounds fun.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Sounds wonderful, Denise! Love the pics!

Rachel

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Georgiana, we went there for our honeymoon too, 19 years ago. It's changed since then. The negative was that we felt like the taxi/tourist people were constantly trying to rip us off. We don't like going to Mexico for that reason, and unfortunately, that's the way the Carribean is becoming.

And I don't care what anyone says, there are no deals to be had down there. Prices were outrageous.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

So glad you're home, but sounds like you had a wonderful time with family!!!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Oooh, a cruise! My hubby and I have a cruise we still need to take by 2010. More than half of it's already paid thanks to a bonus from the timeshare we own. Now, we just have to figure out how to GET to the departure city. :)

Congrats on a great vacation with family and some alone time with hubby. And woohoo on the no cooking, cleaing, preparing, etc. THAT's a vacation!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wow, it looks so pretty there!!! What a great vacation. That's all the things we're planning to do next year, so fun! I would have gained the six pounds and enjoyed myself, thank you very much. LOL

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Wow - no weight gain? Good for you, Denise! That's fantastic ... and nearly unbelievable. LOL ;)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS time, D! I'm so glad you got some rest!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Ane, I think what really happened is that I lost a few pounds with the stomach virus I had at the beginning of my trip, then gained them back on the cruise. It all worked out. :-)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Lovely pictures, Denise. Great times with family--that's what memories are made of.

Dramimine makes me sleepy so I use Sea Bands. If you're not familiar with them, they look sort of like skinny sweatbands with a little bead-like ball that hits an acupucture point in your wrist to prevent nausea. I've used them for almost 10 years and swear by them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz