WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
If you want enough news, it's enough to make you think God has deserted us. All we hear is doom and gloom hammered into our brains. But I've had enough of the fear mongering. When we focus on our blessings, it really turns our attitude around. God is still inn control no matter who won the election. God has it all in hand no matter what the media says about the economy. God showers us with blessings if we care to look. With Thanksgiving only two days away, I decided to focus on what's really great in my life:
1. A wonderful husband who spoils me and loves me. Life doesn't get much better than having a man like Dave around. He even fixes my coffee in the morning! And he hates coffee AND the smell of it.
2. I have the most darling granddaughter imaginable. Little Alexa Grace is the most beautiful baby ever. I know, I know, your granddaughter rivals her in your eyes. But let me have my moment! LOL This time last year, we'd just lost twins in a miscarriage. See how God works things out? Now we have my little angel. To say I'm obsessed would be a tad of an understatement.
3.. The best sons and daughters I could ask for. I count Donna and Mark as my own now and love them just as fiercely. They were SO worth waiting for! If only we'd held out for talking Mark into changing his name to COBLE!
4. A great family who has always been there for me. Parents, brothers, aunts and uncles who all love me.
5. A great publishing team who treats me like family. They love me, pray for me and keep me focused. I'm thankful for each one of my family at Thomas Nelson. They'll never get rid of me.
6. A great church family at New Life Baptist Church.
7. Great friends among the writing community and here on this blog. I love and appreciate every one of you who call Girls Write Out your place to hang out.
8. A MacBook computer. Ah, i love this thing every time I put my hands on the keyboard. You're laughing but I really do love my MacBook. LOL
9. I'm pretty much migraine free since discovering the migraine cure. I only have a migraine maybe three or so times a year. You can read more about that on my website under Extras.
10. And most importantly, a God who loves me in spite of my faults and sins. And I know I can totally trust Him with the future.
How about you? What are YOU thankful for this Thanksgiving? Oh and before I forget, if you'd like to see a recent interview with me and a chance to win a copy of Lonestar Sanctuary, visit http://wordvessel.blogspot.com/
So jump in and let me know what you're thankful for!