Girls Write Out
Tuesday, November 04, 2008

WOW AND NOT SO WOW
I've lost an appendage. If you find it, can you reattach it please? I'm rattling around Kauai without my husband. He was only allowed three days vacation because of the new software implementation (which by the way got POSTPONED on Monday so he could have been here. Sigh) Traveling without him is like trying to walk with my foot in a cast. I'm severely hampered. I have to haul my own luggage, find my terminal by myself, locate Starbucks without his eagle eyes pointing it out. I have to DRIVE which is a bummer when I'm used to him knowing exactly where to go. And I just plain miss him! So this is the not so wow part of my trip.

But I've had some Wow moments too. We like to fly Hawaiian Airlines out here. Now THAT is an airline! If you ever travel to Hawaii, it is the only airline to take. We like it so well we fly to Phoenix and travel from there on Hawaiian. They are the only airline that gives you a truly Hawaiian experience on the way. The stewardesses wear flowers in their hair, there is Hawaiian music playing when you get onboard, the screen shows hula dancing and other great Hawaiian cultural things. I love it! This year I ordered in copies of Distant Echoes and gave them to the stewardesses. The next thing I knew they'd brought me a little DVD player which usually costs $15 and two extra headsets for anyone in my party to enjoy. VERY SWEET of them!

Then when we got to our house we were blown away! It's up in Omao and absolutely gorgeous! My bedroom is the master and it has an island bed with mosquito netting draping it for ambience. The grounds are fabulous with flowers everywhere which the caretaker said we could pick for the wedding reception. I'll definitely be back.

So that's the WOW part and I'm emjoying it as I thump without my missing appendage. Keep a lookout for that appendage though, would you? I sure miss him!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:45 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Awww... I totally relate to traveling without the hubby!!! I felt lost in Europe without him and I kept wanting to tell him exciting stuff or share in the experience. At least you're still having a wonderful time regardless of this HUGE GAPING HOLE OF NOTHINGNESS BURIED IN YOU ... ok, I'm not helping am I? :)

Your bedroom sounds AMAZING!!! I think I would be tempted to stay there the whole time and enjoy the elegance.

Have a blast, Colleen, and wear a yellow flower necklacy thingy just for me, ok?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

But you have to admit, if you're going to be without an appendage, Hawaii is a pretty nice place to do it in. Go to the spa. Sit on the porch. Drink your Kona. But do not call him and rub it in, poor guy.

And think of me in Chicago. Sigh.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

What a WOW, eh? Sounds like a nice place to be. :)

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Uh, yeah, Colleen, I agree with Kristin. :D Hawiaii is about my favorite place on the planet. If the only way I could be there was without my dh, well, bye, dear. See you when I get home.

Lest anyone think me entirely cruel, just remember, he got to travel to places like Tahiti and Fiji without me.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I'm sure missing my little angel too!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen. I asked my daughter, Ronda (who works with Dave) if he was on vacation too since you were in Hawaii for Kara's wedding. She said she saw him at work on Monday, so your appendage is reluctantly carrying on and probably feeling like he is missing an appendage as well. I tried to get Ronda to come out and visit Phoenix for a few days before the weather got too messed up in Indiana, but she's saving her 3 left vacation days for our NASCAR trip to Charlotte next year for fan week.

Enjoy the glory that is Hawaii and hopefully while you're there get some ideas for another Aloha Reef book. Don't stay too long, though, Alexa needs her grandma's hugs and kisses!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger marine's words said...

wow!! it muct be so beauitful over there, marina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz