Girls Write Out
Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our grandson is a year and a half now. We have five granddaughters and one grandson, and I'm telling you, it amazes me how different the boy is from the girls. 

First off, he says "ball" two hundred fifty thousand times a day. I don't think the girls have said it yet. The oldest is almost nine.

He rams things. Seems to like the crashing noise. I'm just so thankful we have fourteen years, seven months and two days until he can drive.

He cuddles for all of two seconds. When he's sleep-deprived. And I've got him in a death grip where all he can move are his toes.

His feet hit the ground running. From the moment he gets up, he takes the form of a shrunken tornado, whirring from room to room.

We quickly learned the Barbie car won't cut it for him. We had to get him a motorized Harley to ride around the family room. 

And lastly, I never flaunt loose change in front of him. I'm afraid he'll head for Vegas.

Have you noticed the differences in kids?

--Diann

P.S. Our grandson was angelic the first year of life. Never made a fuss. Ever. Now? Well, let's just say now I wouldn't be at all surprised to find him smoking a cigar in an obscure corner of the house. Sigh.
Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:25 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Oh, no doubt they're different! Don't waste your money buying those cute miniature sized chairs for boys. They never sit down.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, Xander is sooo precious!! he looks like a Gap baby. MY little girl is very boy-like. After three boys I suppose that was inevitable. The big difference I notice is how much she costs me. Buy the boys a ball, you're good.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

That is SO true! He NEVER stays seated. EVER! Where do they get all that energy????

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Hilarious, Di, and so true! Have you noticed girls are squealers?

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, Kristin! He's a sweetie, but oh so, um, energetic! LOL! You're right about the cost thing, too. Since I have five granddaughters, I guess I'd better get some more book contracts!

Yes, Colleen, girls are squealers! But I have to say Xander does his share of squealing too, surprisingly enough.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Brittanie said...

He is so cute! There are no boy grandchildren in our family. All girls. lol
When I have my future children I am scared of having a boy because I know nothing about them. :)

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

I have a neighbor boy in my condo who was one in May and he is a ball of fire all the time. And he squeals :-). My Bible Study group was over the other night and a loud squeal came through my door to the hall. One of the women said "What was that?" I told her it's just the little boy at the other end of the hall having fun. He's really adorable by the way.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

(Ha, Denise Hunter lives in my world.)

All of my boys (4) are/were different, but the same. My oldest sounds like your grandson! His first word besides mama and dada was ball. I used to joke that he could talk before he could walk (10 mos. he was talking) and never has shut up.

Anyway, he is still endless creative energy-sort of glows like nuclear energy. Noise was Jordan's middle name, I think.(Still is! Plays drums, among other instruments.)

Now the second son is laid back and easy-going, but don't get him riled (takes a lot, actually) and is so stubborn you could not move him.

I love your stories of the grandkids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz