Girls Write Out
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

NOT A WOW EXPERIENCE
Mike Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson, often talks about making sure customers have a WOW experience. We flew to Phoenix on Friday night on Northwest/Delta and it was NOT a WOW experience. As it was, we were supposed to arrive at 11. We didn't get in until after 2. By the time we got to Kara's and got to bed, we were hitting the pillows about the time we would have gotten up in Indiana. LOL But the experience wasn't without some laughs. Our son-in-law Mark had set the alarm in case they decided to get some sleep before they came to get us in the wee hours. He forgot to reset it yesterday morning. The alarm went off at 1 am and he grabbed the PHONE and was hitting every button possible trying to shut off the alarm. He finally handed it to Kara and asked her to turn it off. She said, uh, honey this isn't the alarm! :-)

One other silver lining was that we were stuck in Minneapolis, land of Caribou Coffee. So I got to have an iced americano. But we're here now with our baby girl. Yesterday we did a little shopping and got some fabulous coffee beans from Echo Espresso, best coffee in the land. We got some new Java blend that is to die for! I'm getting some coffee beans to take home with me on Friday so it's as fresh as possible. If you love good coffee, you should try some. It's absolutely fabulous! http://www.echoespresso.com/

Today I'm meeting with some writer friends for lunch at Mimi's. Should be fun! I've just come through the worst 6 mos I can remember: 2 books in 6 mos all written during the time my father-in-law was getting more and more ill until he finally died in April. I'm SO ready for a break! I'm going to bask in the sunshine and blue skies and enjoy being with our daughter. One bad thing is I'm away from Alexa! I'm used to seeing her every week. I must call so she remembers Grammy's voice!

Labels: , , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 11:04 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

And this is why I take trains. I hate to fly and avoid it like the plague.

I do hope your trip improves.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Like Alexa could forget the one who spoils her?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I like to fly but this was NOT a fun experience!

Ane, I'm going to have to make sure I spoil her extra when we get home.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

My worst airline experience was with an economy line (whose name is directional), that had so many people on it I felt like I was on a cattle car! I kept imagining us all having to flap our wings to help out! (Come to think of it, I have never been on a cattle car, so what do I know? But anyway. Like Anne of Green Gables, I have an imagination...)

Other than that, all our experiences have been good, save for the desk attendant at LAX who disagreed with Texas attendant about whether carseats count as luggage. Since we were flying HOME, it was an issue, and I wasn't in the mood to offer to just buy a new carseat once we got home after having spent vacation $$! :-)

But, my sister-in-law always has stories like yours! I have started to ask, "What happened this time?" rather than "How was your flight?"

Have a great time!!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Delta has become a horrible airline to fly! I have a list of things that's happened when I've flown with them.

Have fun in Phoenix. You'll see your Alexa soon. Take a much needed rest.

Rachel

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Wonderful to see you yesterday. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful and the flight home calmly uneventful.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your little grandbaby! I love Mimi's. Had breakfast with a writer friend at the Loveland, Coloradeo Mimi's just last weekend. Yummy. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz