Girls Write Out
Wednesday, June 17, 2009


I'm trying to get excited about what's next in life. Today, I sold some chairs on Craigslist, and I met the nicest lady here working for a new Republican (ie., read: real Republican governor) candidate. She was so cute, and definitely Ashley-like, so I gave her a book. Then, I went to Long's and met up with my daughter's friend's mother and had a GREAT conversation about the new Oil of Olay products. I had a deep prayer time with some local writers and I baked a turkey dinner. It was a good day. But I have to admit, every time I drive up to my house or go outside, I start to cry. I really got too attached to this house, and it's just a thing. I get that unhealthy attachments to things are nothing more than idolatry.

I always want to be able to walk away. If Jesus comes to the door and says, "Let's go." I don't want to even turn around. So I am trying to focus on what's ahead. I'm pressing on, moving forward and trying NOT to treat everyone associated with the sale of this house like the vermin they are. LOL I'm kidding. Sort of.

I can always pull a Speidi and announce my deep and loving Christian forgiveness of them publicly, right? (If you don't get that reference, never mind, it's too stupid to explain.)

Anyway, it was a really good day. Two espressos, time with my daughter, lots of money made on selling Craigslist items, and now, off with a new novel. I'm pressing on. What do you do to press on?

Note the picture: It's a blimp that you can rent out of Moffett Field. California: we can't keep the lights on, but you can't rent a blimp, sky-dive in a wind tunnel and drive a Smart Car without being laughed at. Sigh. Maybe it's time...
Kristin  
posted at 2:33 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Never2manybooks said...

Praying fr you Kristen.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Never2manybooks said...

For you that is!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I drink a lot of espresso to press on ... lately though, since I can't drink espresso due to the baby I go a little insane. Once the insanity levels off, I open my hands (figuratively) to the Lord and just say "help me!" over and over. Because with all my worries and fears over my pregnancy it's so terrifyingly out of my control I sometimes have nothing else to pray but that. I've always been met by Him after saying "help me", in some special way. Though the problem or fear still exists, I find I'm walking on water next to Him. It helps.

Wish I show up on your doorstep with 20 espressos and some fancy handbag thingy to encourage you! :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

You're moving again?? I've missed a bunch being buried in a WIP. I know what you mean about not being attached to things, and that's hard with our home. It's our safe haven from the world.

I'll be praying that Jesus Himself becomes your haven and that, while you may love your home, you'd close the door and not look back should He say, "Go."

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

No need to fix typos here. I'm new on the Blackberry and typos are my new thing. I don't have opposable thumbs. : )

Jaime, so excited for you!! Been praying for little Miss Jaime II (did Colleen tell you I think it's a girl?)

Ane, yes, we're moving again. Not sure where though, so it's hard to focus on the next thing quite yet. : ) More espresso please! LOL

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Praying for you and that your new home will be one you can't help but love.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I appreciate the prayers, it's my attitude that needs readjusting, no doubt about it. God is good at that. : )

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

I don't believe seeing your beautiful home as a idolatry. It's your home, where you can be yourself, enjoy watching your children grow up. It has special and precious memories. I hate that you are losing it.

I will continue praying for you.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Cara Putman said...

Praying for you, Kristen. That God will ease the transition and soothe your heart.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Scraproni: Adventures of Single Woman said...

You could always think of it as research for an upcoming book?

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Karin said...

When things get hard or frustrating in life my pastor usually smiles and says, "Good! That's one more thing God is touching in your heart. Let Him!"

Always easier to say than to receive, but it's so comforting to know that God's touch always (eventually) bring His peace with it.

I'm glad you're still seeing the positive side of things! (And I recommend pizza...lukewarm, not hot, with lots of cheese and thick, chewy crust).

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

Praying that the upcoming adventure is breathtaking, in a good way!

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz