Girls Write Out
Thursday, July 16, 2009

My five-year-old granddaughter has been staying with me this week. She lives out of town. She wanted a cousin to spend the night so I had another granddaughter over night before last. They played and giggled together. We made cookies, went on a walk, watched a movie, and so on.

Last night, the other girl cousins joined us. I had four granddaughters, ages 9, 7, 6 and 5 at my house. I took them to Cracker Barrel for dinner (smart, huh?), then we came home. They laughed, giggled, fought (yeah, I can't believe I'm admitting my grandkids aren't perfect), and watched TV. I even had them do a walking workout video with me--in hopes to wear them down. 

It didn't.

One would think I'd be totally inspired after spending this time with the kids. I love them to pieces! Love every moment I spend with them!  But the creativity thing--gone. 

You see, one has to have a live brain cell to gather some creativity and mine are all fast asleep. I don't expect to hear from them till winter.

To all you moms out there--especially in the summer--I salute you!!

Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:24 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Ha, that's so funny. Kids have SO much energy than we can hardly slow them down. You were brave to have so many over at one time!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Well, there you have it, that's why I have none. My last brain cell has evaporated, only mine is from testosterone around here, not estrogen. LOL I had to get a girl dog to even things out a bit.

Your grandkids are SOOO gorgeous. All of them are model-perfect, but wow, I can't imagine that noise. I only have one girl and she never shuts up. LOL Boys just make noises. LOL

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Brittanie said...

Diann
I finished Hometown Courtship this week. I loved it. I can't wait for your next book.
Brittanie :)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, Brittanie! So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know. :-)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Lisa Faye Harman said...

They are beautiful! My husband is hosting my nephews this weekend. They are 16, 17, and 18. I don't think the pictures will be quite as sweet.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Edna said...

I was a stay at home mom and my 4 liked to have drove me crazy, Mydaughter works a full time job, over sees the nursery at church and she has a 6 year old daughter and a 4 year old son, they fuss and fight all the time, don't see how she takes it, I can't hardly when we visit, the rest of my grandchildren are grown except 1 which just turned 13, she is a sweet heart and help with anything.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

ROFLOL!!!! I know what you mean, Di. It's so different from when your kids were little. We didn't entertain our kids. We packed 'em off to their rooms or the back yard. Why do we think we have to entertain the grands? :D But don't worry. The creative brain cells are only resting. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz