Girls Write Out
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I had some great girl stuff prepared for today--men not allowed, sorry. But then I changed my mind about telling our GWO girls about my very hilarious and embarrassing appointment with my physical therapist Monday. So men can stay.

Instead, I feel it's vital we keep our hearts and minds on Diann today. Her own heart is such a work of beauty from God's hands, we want to preserve that heart and her throughout this ordeal. I feel so blessed and privileged to be her friend. Last night, as posts flew furiously between the five of us just as your wonderful posts flew to us through the blogsite, I kept thinking about the friends who carried their friend to the roof of the house where Jesus, the Great Physician, was teaching. They broke the roof and lowered their friend down for him to be healed. And he was.

I don't want to drop my corner. I'm afraid I will. I don't feel strong. I feel weak and helpless right now. This morning, Diann repeated those very verses I'd contemplated last night. And of course, I cried. Again. She is so worth the carrying. I want to be with her, and God provided, months ago, a way for that to happen--we'd already planned a writer's retreat and Mel and I have our plane tickets ready. God knows. God sees all.

Would you please help me carry my corner? Would you please continue to pray for Diann Hunt? I can't blog about anything else right now. Can't think about anything else for long without her coming back to my mind and heart. As she has blessed you all so much, please bless her now with the precious prayers of saints. Please, please send encouragement to her, and only encouragement. She needs to have peace about this, and confidence in the love of God.

Hannah Alexander  
posted at 1:04 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Knew there was a reason I clicked over here right now. Absolutely. I join you and countless others to pray for God's touch on Diann.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger jel said...

will help anytime with that corner!


sending a flybyhugging to Mrs,Diann Hunt!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful post, Cheryl. I am thinking of Eph 6:13, which says, "Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm."

I love the picture of the sick friend being lowered through the roof by his buddies. He was too weak to fight the fight alone, and a couple of guys might not have been strong enough to do the job for him. But he, like our Diann, has so many loving friends who are privileged to hold a corner or an edge of that pallet on her behalf! I will prayer for Diann every day, and I will gladly help you hold up your corner, Cheryl. I'm weak right now, too, from a personal burden too big for me to carry alone, but God is never weak and besides, when I'm weak, His amazing strength is made known!. I'm learning how much help I truly need, how desperate I am for Jesus to shoulder the heaviest portion of our burdens Himself.

HE is carrying our dear Diann, and she is LIGHT in His strong arms! But we will PRAY and continue to place her in His hands, and I know there are MANY of us who will be devoted to loving our friend this way.

We will do everything we can, especially trust and pray, and then stand firm. If God is with Diann, no one can be against her.....

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

Cheryl,
My heart breaks for you and all those of Diann's friends and family, as well as for Diann. I can see this has all taken everyone by surprise and the pain is so great right now that only God can lift your burden of sorrow.

I am so thankful God has promised to answer us before we even ask! He is making it possible for all of you to be together with Diann and each other at this critical time. He will let you talk together, cry together, laugh together and grow closer with each other, as well as with Him.

I will be holding all of you up to our Father who has promised to keep us 'closer than a brother' and also to keep us 'safe under His wings'. I have always loved that 'picture' of being held close to Him just as a mother hen holds her little ones close to her body for comfort and warmth.

"Father, I ask that you keep all those who are close to Diann, and especially Diann, under the wings of your love and protection. Give them peace during this time of unrest and uncertainty, a peace that passes understanding. Thank you for your promises to be with us through hard times and to walk with us to the other side. In Jesus name, Amen".

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Karla Akins said...

I am praying for our sweet Diann and I will have my church pray, too.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

Fear not, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!

Take courage, it is I, said the Lord....

Keep looking at Him, and not at the waves of the storm!

Prayers and love,
Bev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz