Girls Write Out
Thursday, December 16, 2010

I can't help it. I'm having the BEST Christmas ever!!!!

You all know what kind of year this has been. Something has happened inside me. It's like I'm perpetually Julia Andrews on top of the mountain, arms spread eagle, twirling and singing "The hills are alive with the Sound of Music"(though, trust me, it doesn't sound the same)!!

Where once I was leery of driving in the snow, I now venture out because I want to see it, feel it, experience (yes, I know, I'm crazy)! If you follow my Facebook page at all, you all know that my daughter and I saw Santa in the Target parking lot. He was in a car and we were in our car. Our windows were rolled up, thank goodness, because I started screaming (like Buddy the Elf--Will Farrell), "SANTA!!!! IT'S SANTA!!!! WE KNOW HIM!!!!!" Daughter and I were having such fun screaming and laughing. Then I looked in the backseat at my grandkids who were watching us. Speechless. Frightened.

I think I lost something when I lost my hair. Oh, yeah, fear!!!! I'm having a BLAST!!! Leaving random gifts, listening to music, running through the snow (with my car). I will not waste a single breath this Christmas! It's ALL good--the packaging, the hustle-bustle, the crazy people (like me), the grumps (who are just overworked, underpaid people), the cynics (who are afraid to laugh again), the crying kids (who just want a candy cane). It's ALL good!!!

This is our one shot to make a difference. Right where you are. Today. Forget your to do list and perform a random act of kindness. You'll have a blast and wonder why you waited so long!

It's okay if you're not enjoying the Christmas season, by the way. That happens sometimes. Life gets in the way. But I'm challenging you to put it behind you, if only for a couple of weeks, and soak in the Reason for this blessed season. God is so good!

Go on! Go out and spread some Christmas joy! You know you want to. WHOOHOOOO!!! Gotta go. I might just wear the singing Santa Claus hat today!!
Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:05 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Your enthusiasm is contagious! :) It's fun to see you so excited about L-I-F-E. Yay!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

YAY!!! I love it!!! It's so good to have the old, enthusiastic you back and even better, this one has NO fear!! You go girl!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger jel said...

glad ya are having a cool Christmas!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I didn't mean to make that post all about me!! In my excitement about how fun it all is, I forgot to ask you what you're doing to celebrate Christmas this year? How are you taking time to "enjoy" the season?????

Coffee with the girls? Time alone, reading a great book? Sitting in front of a fireplace, sipping tea . . . .

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I'm so glad you're here to celebrate. I'll even put up with Christmas music in September! LOL

I did get our tree up. But sooo much wrapping to do. I hate wrapping. LOL

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger jel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Never2manybooks said...

That is true joy Diann. Joy is the word I have chosen for my 2011 Project Life scrapbook. I will take a picture and journal everyday (or almost everyday) of something that brought me joy everyday. Thanks for the reminder to add some random acts of kindness-they do bring joy don't they. Even the word "JOY'" brings me joy!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I needed this Diann! Things have been extremely tough financially the past two years (actually, worse than they have ever been) and I am having trouble staying joyful this holiday season. Your post reminds me that we only have one life and we should cherish every day, every joyful moment of it! Bless you Diann for your contagious joy!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

This might be my favorite post of the year. Merry Christmas, Diann! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz