Girls Write Out
Sunday, January 02, 2011

Several years ago I remember calculating that my oldest son Justin would be graduating from high school in 2011. It seemed so far away. Eons away. The next year, I got a contract and I remember thinking it would keep me busy through 2011--an eternity away.

And yet, here we are. The first GWO post of 2011. Time just slips by, doesn't it? It seems like the millennium just rolled around, and now the first decade is already gone. It seems to go faster each year and I'm wondering if, when I'm 70, a year's passing will give me whiplash.

I hope you're all off to a great new year. I hope you'll stick to whatever New Year's resolutions you've made--I've made none, so I'm pretty sure I can stick to them. My prayer is that this will be a year of growth, a year of hope, and a year of all God's richest blessings for you and your families!





Labels: ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:52 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Wow, Denise, you have one graduating this year? How exciting! I didn't make any resolutions, either. Don't want to break anything else.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I LOVE the picture of the boys! They have grown up before our very eyes!

Time does slip away so fast. Yesterday, I was 16, and now I'm . . . not.

My New Year's Resolution? Not to make a New Year's Resolution. So far, I'm good. :-)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

I couldn't believe how quickly time passed when our oldest son graduated in 2009. And now, our youngest will graduate in 2012...that's next year!!! Where does the time go? My memories of their toddler years filter through my head as they lean down to hug me.

I didn't make resolutions this year. Instead I wrote out goals and put steps in place to achieve them.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I remember an old DC Talk song - Time is Ticking away ... tick, tick tick ... yikes! Chloe turned 1last Wed. I thought that was bad - can't imagine having a kid graduating! :)
Happy new years GWO! :)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I know! 18 years is really not very long to take a human from helpless infant to contributing adult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz