Girls Write Out
Thursday, February 10, 2011
First off, you can't tell because our camera didn't make the colors clear, but what looks gray here is actually almost a royal blue--or whatever blue Spiderman wears. This is a Spiderman blanket that I made for our three-year-old grandson. He is absolutely ecstatic!

Here's the link for those who have little guys who would like a Spiderman blanket: Stitch 'n Frog: Superhero Dream Catcher Afghan, especially for Spiderman Fans

I was so proud. I started this last Sunday and have worked diligently to get this done for him. I delivered it last night.

Now, there's one thing about our dear little grandson, he's a bit, well, obsessive compulsive. He cannot stand strings. I know this so I was careful to weave the ends of yarn into the stitches. But before I had even left their addition, my daughter called me. Said grandson was wailing in the background.

He pulled a string. And pulled it. And pulled it.

Yes. The beloved blanket now has a big stinkin' hole--not near the end where I can easily fix it, no. But rather just a few rows into the beginning.

All those hours. The aching fingers.

Still, love compels me to fix it. So today it's back to the drawing board. I have to go over there and perform crochet surgery.

Is anybody out there cold? Me, the hot flash queen, I'm COLD!!! What's your temperatures there? We had a two-hour snow delay because it's seven below zero! Yikes, that's cold. Though my brother, who lives in Montana, said they have been having twenty below temperatures.

Good Spiderman blanket weather, don't you think? :-)

Labels: , , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:33 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I'm just thinking about how much fun that must've been for a three-year-old to pull that string. Why, that's more fun than popping bubble wrap when you're three.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Diann, what a work of art. Wow, you are amazing! I'm so sorry he was traumatized. How on earth are you going to keep him from finding another string? If anyone can do it, you will.

Oh, and it got down to at least -5 last night here. Much sunnier today. Love it outside!

Pray for Colleen to have a safe journey!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

At first but I thought it was a very, uh, bold, table runner. LOL Even so I was very impressed with your handiwork (but I'm glad to hear its a spiderman blanket) LOL I'm sure you'll get it patched right up.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger jel said...

that is VERY cool!



as for cold it is 8 right now :(



take care!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, Diann, that's amazing! Fingers crossed it's an easy fix!

This reminds me, I heard children's author Kate Messner say regarding revision, sometimes you pull one tiny thread and the entire sleeve falls off. :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Oh!Oh! Sorry about the string...

What a cool Spiderman blanket!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz