Girls Write Out
Sunday, March 27, 2011


Remember a few short years ago before anyone knew what the term "Social Networking" meant? I'm shocked by how quickly things have changed. Facebook has shriveled the world down to the size of a fifteen inch monitor.

I'm amazed by how easy it is to keep in touch with my out-of-town family. By how handy it is to deliver birthdays and anniversaries wishes. By how simple it is to get reacquainted with old friends. Or check in on my teenagers' thoughts--even if they are sitting right across the room.

I've heard amazing stories of people finding long lost parents and children or old lovers reuniting. I love Facebook for all these reasons, but my favorite use of this great social tool? Connecting with people who were previously very difficult to find--my readers! I can speak directly to them and they feel free to chat with me. Facebook has truly revolutionized my world.

What's your favorite thing about Facebook? How has it changed your world?

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, I'll be giving away lots of copies of "A Cowboy's Touch" during the month of April at The Readers Circle! Just join the group to be eligible.

Labels: ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:41 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 9:54 PM, Blogger jel said...

I had a facebook acct. when it very frist came out. for about 3weeks or so, didn't like it!
as y'all by now I'm not a very Social person.



Denise, I orderd your friday , looking forward to reading it :)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger jel said...

that should read (book! )
my hands are faster then my brain
;( sorry

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

I do love connecting with my dear friends on a quick facebook note when I'm online or talking with my friends who live afar. I've gotten to meet and see some of my readers. They have come to a few of my book signings and it's been really nice.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Sheri Salatin said...

Facebook for me has been a way to connect with our church family during the week. We use it to encourage and pray for one another.

Also, I love being able to keep in touch with some of my long-time friends. I have one friend who moved to China and with facebook we can connect with pictures and chat and still keep a really close relationship that we wouldn't normally have due to distance.

Just like everything, it can be used for negative or positive. It's a tool in your hand, and what you choose to do with it makes it that way.

Good post!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I hope you enjoy the book, Jel!

Sheri, you're so right. I know people have used facebook in ways that have hurt themselves and others. You're right about it being a tool and we need to use it responsibly.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I like being able to keep in touch with my friends and students in Turkey. What I don't like is how much time I can waste on Facebook doing nothing!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

It's made our world so small. I found my biological father on there recently. I haven't had the nerve to send him a message yet, but before Facebook I only had a name. :0/

It's a great resource, but yes, can be a bit of a time stealer. :)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Yes, Pam, you can sure lose hours if you're not careful.

Wow, Sabrina, that's so cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz