Girls Write Out
Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I don't know about you, but my life is impossible to schedule. Every day I try. I look at my little calendar, and I check my to-do list and I feel so excited about the day's accomplishments ahead of me. Then, reality happens.

I'm a go with the flow kind of person, so it doesn't necessarily bother me that my day gets changed. UNLESS, I really NEED to fulfill a responsibility. I was that child who took on the worries of the world, so I like to have things done. The more responsibilities on my plate, the more I envy my grandparents -- who used to say things like, "We can't do it Thursday. Arnold has a doctor's appointment."

Wouldn't that be heavenly? To plan your whole week around a little event and then, the world is your oyster? I long for that kind of predictability. Alas, with four kids, someone always has something going on except for Mom. Your life is relegated to the car. When DH told me that it was a waste to have Sirius radio in my car, I about had a conniption. "Listen, the only thing keeping me sane is Doctor radio and the rest, so you get your hands off my sanity."

I may be able to change the day at a moment's notice, but I am not good about sharing my desk. I honestly wish I had a little explosive power that when someone laid something on MY desk -- the only place that's truly mine -- it would sort of blow up in a puff of smoke. Wouldn't that be good? Maybe not. But am I alone? How do you feel about your schedule? Do you keep a schedule? Do you freak if you have to veer from it? How do you like to keep your lists?

Labels: , , ,

Kristin  
posted at 4:52 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Schedule? What's that? LOL I don't have much issue with that now but I sure remember when I was your age. Even with 2 kids it could get hairy. I can't imagine 4.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

My schedule is a mess with four CATS much less four children. I get spastic if I have anything written into my calendar for the day. But the children are growing up, Kris. Hang on tight!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

Definitely try to keep a schedule with my four boys for THEM! Not me....each one of them are busy with sports and practices (sometimes two a day) and I'm the taxi. Thank goodness my laptop travels. Plus I have a day job, so after I get those appointments out of the way, I'm good to go.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I no longer have a schedule for my daily doings. I get nervous when I have something that has to be done at a certain time on a certain day. I am unhappy when someone says "right now". That said, when my kids were little, my schedule revolved around theirs and I did have a definite schedule then as I homeschooled from 1990 to 2008. It was important to keep to a schedule to get everything done.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I don't know what it is about families. They always think the mom/wife is there to serve them at a moment's notice. Even adult children. I'm forever hearing my name called. It goes with the territory, I guess.

"I am woman ~ see me drive, p/u cleaning, shop for food, edit your email."

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

So do you ever wish you lived in a cave and your schedule was cooking what came home in the hunt? LOL Actually, my great grandmother came across country and had to bake bread on the side of the road. That's a worse schedule, but I'm interested to hear how you do all keep kids on a schedule. Tonya, you have to keep boys busy or you get into trouble. LOL

Sandie, that's my dream life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz